Nevin and Cameron for Kelvim Escobar and JD Drew? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nevin and Cameron for Kelvim Escobar and JD Drew?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nevin and Cameron for Kelvim Escobar and JD Drew?

Postby Yeaok » Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:54 pm

Who gets the better deal?
Yeaok

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby zpalm » Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:47 pm

We need more information. Is this a keeper league? If so i'd rather have cameron and Nevin. Not a keeper i think i'd take escobar and Drew (both are healthy and starting). However, it also matters who will be replacing who.

The cameron for Drew is a straight up swap, but the team giving Nevin do they have a viable 3rd baseman or CI (if you play them) playing third right now? Because that guy then becomes their starter for the rest of the year (where as right now he will get Nevin back for at least part of the season). Additionally, are Saves really tight in your league and the Addition or loss of Escobar will make a dramatic difference?
zpalm
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:58 pm

Agree with zpalm - it depends on the league configuration and the teams involved. If both sides are filling needs, this deal could be very good for both teams. In terms of pure "objective" (whatever that may be...) value in a typical 5x5 league, I'd give a slight edge to Drew and Escobar, but it's close enough that this deal should be judged primarily on needs.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Not a keeper league

Postby Yeaok » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:04 pm

Its not a keeper league, and cameron just blows, 225 average or whatever it is. Hes worth absolutely nothing right now so i want him gone. Conine is my other 3 basmen. He is pretty good. And I could use a relief pitcher. Right now i got Foulke, Isrignhusen, Acevedo, and Graves. I need them becuase i already used 90/162 starting appearances. Now what do you think?
Yeaok

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby zpalm » Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:01 am

I take it this is a 5 X 5 league? And you already stated it wasn't a keeper league right? Then i'd go ahead and do the trade.

Conine is the 10st best third baseman and should continue to be productive, i thought you could of been stuck with Vinny Castilla or Jeff Cirillo or possible worse but Conine is sufficient. Plus you then get Escobar.

Although i do think you are being a little to hard on Cameron the guy will hit his usual .260 and will probably go 30-30, last year i think Vlady & Magglio were the only ones to do this. You can probably add a few more this year in Soriano & Preston but it is rare. Even with his .230 BA right now he is still a more valuable OF than J.D.. Plus Cameron is in a potent lineup in Seattle while Drew will ride the pine every so ofton has Larussa likes to play the #'s game he will start K. Robinson or E. Marrero and bench his studs like Drew, Edmonds, Pujols. Plus, J.D. is in a funk he is not getting his usual RBI's and rumor has it he is trying to pull the ball all the time.

Even still i think the deal is a good one considering your backup is Conine and your pitching situation. Go for it. I just wanted to clarify things alittle with Cameron.
zpalm
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:14 am

On the whole, I agree with zpalm, although I feel Drew is currently a slightly more valuable of in 5x5 scoring than Cameron (the slightly better power numbers don't make up for the hit in average yet).

One way to play this, considering that your bullpen looks like it's in solid shape anyway is to make this deal, and then shop Escobar or another closer and see whether you can get an upgrade at 3b that way.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers