Sexson goes on the disabled list - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Sexson goes on the disabled list

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sexson goes on the disabled list

Postby WebHamster » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:00 pm

Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Arizona Diamondbacks first baseman Richie Sexson was placed on the 15-day disabled list Thursday, one day after suffering an injury to his left shoulder.

An MRI revealed a subluxation in the shoulder as well as a bruised humeral head.

"This is an unusual injury in that the bruise is in the back of the humerus, thus it may be an injury that we can treat, and hopefully get him back on the field in a timely manner," said team physician Dr. Michael Lee, who refused to give a definite timetable for Sexson's return.

Sexson was batting in the bottom of the eighth inning Wednesday when he swung and missed at a pitch by LaTroy Hawkins before crumbling in pain. He exited and his at-bat was finished by Carlos Baerga.

"I'm obviously disappointed," said Sexson. "But I'm also equally determined to do whatever it takes to get back in the lineup as soon as possible."

Sexson, acquired this past off-season in a nine-player trade with Milwaukee, is currently tied for the National League lead in home runs with nine, and is second to Scott Rolen in runs batted in with 22.

"I have grown accustomed over the years to seeing my name in the lineup everyday and being sidelined isn't something I'm used to," Sexson added. "I will not let this deter me from returning and having a productive season."

In a corresponding move, the Diamondbacks purchased the contract of outfielder Dave DeVore from their Tucson affiliate to fill out the roster.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 557)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates