ESPN Rates Baseball as the 9th Most Difficult Sport - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN Rates Baseball as the 9th Most Difficult Sport

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby afromangettindrunk » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:28 pm

i love playing badminton and getting wicked serious about it. something about it makes it so competitive...unless its just me !+)
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Darkie Satchels » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:32 pm

You know, in all honesty this list is pretty damn legit. Although I feel soccer to be a bit on the low side for this list, it's still accurate. Given the boxing of today is nothing compared to that of the 50's on - but it still wipes baseball with its rear in all those categories and then flushes it down the toilet with it's twig.n.berries.

I do disagree with Hockey - but that's about it. Very good rating and study. Bout time.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:37 pm

afromangettindrunk wrote:i love playing badminton and getting wicked serious about it. something about it makes it so competitive...unless its just me !+)

Nope. During the summer after about that 6th Guinness I'm ready to kick someone's ass over a game of badminton. B-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rkiivs » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:13 pm

Oh my goodness!! The humanity!! I can't sit by and read about this injustice.

They (ESPN) suffer from the stigma of not taking a broad view in the examination of all sports. It appears there has been a grave error in leaving out the one sport that is loved by millions. Talk about difficulty and skill, how about a sport that combines hockey, football, American football, baseball, golf, badminton, and tennis? And to top it off, you have to wear masks (although no one is allowed to question the masks).

How is it they could skip the only game that allows the final score to rest at "oogey to boogey" and "Q to 12"? Has a "bag flag zone" and a "pernicious poem place"? How, I ask?

Injustice, I tell you!!

Just think, it's the only self governing game that has no player contract negotiations (take that Eli Manning), no rankings (take that BCS), no rosters (take that Steinbrenner), and everyone is unprofessional (take that John McEnroe). And the beauty is that it only requires one single rule to play: you can't play it the same way twice.

I'm of course referring to the always bizarre Calvinball.

Have a good day, folks.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby KULCAT » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:19 pm

[
quote="Darkie Satchels"]You know, in all honesty this list is pretty damn legit. Although I feel soccer to be a bit on the low side for this list, it's still accurate.

Damn straight, soccer is much more demanding than baseball. And they actually gave it a low nerve ranking. Let me tell you something when you see those guys making the barrier in front of the guy taking the free kick, they dont cover their marbles for nothing.

Given the boxing of today is nothing compared to that of the 50's on - but it still wipes baseball with its rear in all those categories and then flushes it down the toilet with it's twig.n.berries.

Boxing has to be on top here. Taking a punch right in the chin should be a category by itself
I do disagree with Hockey - but that's about it. Very good rating and study. Bout time.[/quote]
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:29 pm

KULCAT wrote:[[quote]quote="Darkie Satchels"]You know, in all honesty this list is pretty damn legit. Although I feel soccer to be a bit on the low side for this list, it's still accurate.

Damn straight, soccer is much more demanding than baseball. And they actually gave it a low nerve ranking. Let me tell you something when you see those guys making the barrier in front of the guy taking the free kick, they dont cover their marbles for nothing.

Given the boxing of today is nothing compared to that of the 50's on - but it still wipes baseball with its rear in all those categories and then flushes it down the toilet with it's twig.n.berries.

Boxing has to be on top here. Taking a punch right in the chin should be a category by itself
I do disagree with Hockey - but that's about it. Very good rating and study. Bout time.[/quote][/quote]
The trick to boxing is NOT to take a punch in the chin :-D . I agree, boxing is the toughest sport in terms of athletic ability.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:39 pm

Hed Madison,

Bowling 57 of 60. No respect.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby bolkonsky » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:45 pm

I would be willing to wager that those of you who disagree with hockey can not skate from blue line to blue line. Hockey is an easy number 2 and is probably #1 by any reasonable measure...to even participate in the game requires mastery of one of, if not the most, difficult skill in all of sports.
bolkonsky
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:49 pm

Rkiivs wrote:Oh my goodness!! The humanity!! I can't sit by and read about this injustice.

They (ESPN) suffer from the stigma of not taking a broad view in the examination of all sports. It appears there has been a grave error in leaving out the one sport that is loved by millions. Talk about difficulty and skill, how about a sport that combines hockey, football, American football, baseball, golf, badminton, and tennis? And to top it off, you have to wear masks (although no one is allowed to question the masks).

How is it they could skip the only game that allows the final score to rest at "oogey to boogey" and "Q to 12"? Has a "bag flag zone" and a "pernicious poem place"? How, I ask?

Injustice, I tell you!!

Just think, it's the only self governing game that has no player contract negotiations (take that Eli Manning), no rankings (take that BCS), no rosters (take that Steinbrenner), and everyone is unprofessional (take that John McEnroe). And the beauty is that it only requires one single rule to play: you can't play it the same way twice.

I'm of course referring to the always bizarre Calvinball.

Have a good day, folks.

I love Calvinball.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby matmat » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:48 pm

*hiccup*

they lef*hiccup*t d*hiccup*arts off the f*hickup*ing list.

also, pong (beer), quarter-bouncing...

synchronized swimming...

chess

poker (texas hold'em)

sailing (america's cup, anyone?)

also, they have cheerleading, but not competitive dance...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers