"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Erboes » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:42 am

KolbSaves wrote:I think you missed the sarcasm.

Kolb! Now here's a knowledgeable chap. Wish you would have joined the Cafe Challenge. I am not being sarcastic either. A very wise dude this Kolb.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Great Scott(i)! » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:45 am

KolbSaves wrote:I think you missed the sarcasm.

He misses a lot, it's hard to see past that mountain of ego. :-t
...what's one more year?
Great Scott(i)!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Erboes » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:57 am

I didn't miss the sarcasm. I'm not stupid you know.

And there's no ego here, just fact. Listen, there are people here who answer questions like they're experts but they are no more knowledgeable than those who asked the question. There are people here who are trying to learn things about players or such and some of the advice given here is atrocious, but how are they to know? When I was starting out I'd ask questions if there was such a site as this available like "should I cut Contreras?" because you are in the learning mode, and you got to admit that the responses to these questions can be quite harmful. There are just too many people here who don't realize that they are not good just because they can win Yahoo public leagues or leagues with their buddies. I couldn't care less if this offends anyone, but this needed to be said.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Great Scott(i)! » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:03 pm

Erboes wrote:I didn't miss the sarcasm. I'm not stupid you know.

And there's no ego here, just fact. Listen, there are people here who answer questions like they're experts but they are no more knowledgeable than those who asked the question. There are people here who are trying to learn things about players or such and some of the advice given here is atrocious, but how are they to know? When I was starting out I'd ask questions if there was such a site as this available like "should I cut Contreras?" because you are in the learning mode, and you got to admit that the responses to these questions can be quite harmful. There are just too many people here who don't realize that they are not good just because they can win Yahoo public leagues or leagues with their buddies. I couldn't care less if this offends anyone, but this needed to be said.

Game, man. It's a game.
...what's one more year?
Great Scott(i)!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Erboes » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:04 pm

Yeah? Then why don't I see the Yahtze Cafe?
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jaroche24 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:19 pm

Who cares if people visit this site and give bad advise? I don't. You need to learn to take what everyone says with a grain of salt. The best advise I can give you is to lighten up; look out for yourself....don't worry about the "idiots" that visit this site.

Good advise on whether or not you should drop a player or not.....go with your first instinct. The worst thing that can happen is regreting that you didn't pick a player up that ends up busting out. Last year I held on to Konerko for way too long....I learned my lesson: have fun and don't ever doubt yourself....but make sure you make an educated decision.
Fantasy Baseball is GOOD for the game. Everyday is exciting; it makes following baseball a blast!
jaroche24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Erboes » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:28 pm

Lighten up? Good grief.

What does everyone say when someone asks for a information site? "Look no further than the Cafe." The good information gets drowned out by the abundance of nonsense spewed out under the guise of "information." A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and that is no more evident than on the Cafe.

And you know what? I love the Cafe. I love the people who used to populate it and sometimes you can still find hidden under the barrage of trash thrown out since the explosion in its popularity. Should I lighten up? I suppose, but I just wish people would learn in which end of the spectrum they are on, the givers of advice or the takers. I suppose that is asking too much.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KolbSaves » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:31 pm

by the way erboes, in one of my public leagues (which I regret joining, since I got cafe league offers after I joined them) I just traded (it's at the pending stage) Willis and Hafner for Huff. :-)

as for being wise...not yet
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:32 pm

Erboes wrote:I didn't miss the sarcasm. I'm not stupid you know.

While I admit that this one particular league is less competitive, it's still a very good league.

But I gotta ask--is this above quote directed at me?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers