For everyone out there holding on to Nomar..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

For everyone out there holding on to Nomar.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:15 pm

KULCAT wrote:
I will repeat my point that Nomar has not declined the past two years and you cannot say as you did that "Nomar´s game has been in decline the past few year" 2000 was 4 years ago and I already stated that he is not the same player that he was before the injury

So what exactly are we discussing here? Im saying he´s in decline BECAUSE of the injury

2002 2003

BA .310 .301
OBP .352 .345
SLG .528 .524
Runs 101 120
RBI 120 105
SB 5 19
HR 24 28

In a 5x5 league his value went up in 2003. In a 4x4 league it stayed pretty much the same as it did in a points league (depending on the scoring system that you use).

So he went down in everything except runs and h´rs? Good thing he showed a little more pop but the runs thats has to do more with that lineup he was in. check out he´s splits of runners in scoring position too. I dont believe you can use 2 years in a row as evidence for a player being solid or dependable and even more if the first year is better than the second

Infinity is right that you cannot determine his value until we see how he comes back from this injury.

Nobody knows how he´s coming backand i didnt say he was gonna tear up the league. What i said is that he had some motivating factors that might help him out. If he gets hurt again that wont matter. I really dont think anyone here needed to be told by Infinity that players that come out of the DL dont usually come out banging
Your error KULCAT is that you cannot simply assume that he will decline because there is nothing in his history to suggest this.

I really dont get you. If we already stablished that he´s not the same player he was before the injury that would make 99 and 00 his peaks years and if wont get to those levels again then his career is in decline. I think your error is that you believe im stating that he´s gonna start hitting .220 now and i never said that. Just that i wouldnt be surprised if in subsequent years his average starts dipping slowly into the .290-.280 range. Thats is not a violent decline but its still declining[/quote]

KULCAT,

You keep saying that Nomar is in decline. You have also said a number of times that he has been in decline "THE PAST FEW YEARS".

That is simply not true.

I have put forward the stats. The facts are that his roto value INCREASED from 2002 to 2003.

You have put forward no evidence or facts to support your position that he has declined the past two years.

I will not respond to you anymore unless you put up some evidence, any evidence at all, that he has started to DECLINE THE PAST FEW YEARS.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KULCAT » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:49 pm

KULCAT,

You keep saying that Nomar is in decline. You have also said a number of times that he has been in decline "THE PAST FEW YEARS"That is simply not true

His numbers from 99 and 2000 are much better than the ones from 2002 and 2003. Those are the years im refering too. I didnt say PAIR,i said FEW that, at least to me, its more than two. I dont think you can say a player remains solid or is in decline using 2 years of his career. Thats not what im arguing

His numbers from before he got hurt are not better tha
I have put forward the stats. The facts are that his roto value INCREASED from 2002 to 2003.
[/quote]

First of all i wasnt talking about the last 2 years. i said the last
FEW years.
Second of all i believe you are wrong and that his 2003 was not better than his 2002
Third i wasnt talking about his roto value but since you keep bringing the subject, in fantasy points using the old sandbox system Nomar´s total points and points per game average have gone down therefore his value has gone down but only has DECREASED when used in the context of the before/after injury splits
As i said i was refering to his value as a real life baseball player and his numbers are mostly DOWN for 2 years in row. If thats not declining i dont know what the hell it is. Again, all of this in the context explained before

Look

You have put forward no evidence or facts to support your position that he has declined the past two years.

Yes i have, look up the other posts i answered you using your own stats. The only difference is i didnt twisted them so they could make your own argument. If you dont feel like reading them thats your problem.

I will not respond to you anymore unless you put up some evidence, any evidence at all, that he has started to DECLINE THE PAST FEW YEARS.
[/quote]

Already did, i really dont give a damn if you answer me or not cause i have no interest in arguing with people who twist everything i say and only read what they want. So good night from Madrid and
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers