Now is the time to get Finley!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Now is the time to get Finley!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Now is the time to get Finley!!!!

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:27 pm

I waited and waited hopeing another owner in my league wouldnt get him before the end of April. He is 26AB 5R 7H 1HR 3RBI 4BBI 3SB 0.2690BA 0.3670OBP 0.3850SLG in his last 6 games and has a pair of HR tonight. April is almost over and Finley is a safe play for me. I got him a few days ago when Kearns went down, and he probably wouldnt have stayed on waivers after tonight had I not already snagged him.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:07 am

Nice dingers tonight. Still not sold, whatever happened to him leading off and grabbing bags?

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:19 am

Zito is God wrote:Nice dingers tonight. Still not sold, whatever happened to him leading off and grabbing bags?

I'm not sure about leadoff, as well as why Cintron is sitting after finaly starting to do something average wise. My guess is the D-Backs got frustrated with Cintron and are trying to help Finley bring his bat back to life in the 5 spot.

The bags will come to the tune of around 20 stolen bases bye years end. It might be a few weeks before he keeps it going on a weekly basis but you cant take his 3 year average and pretty much expect those totals from here on out as he has done every year.

I'm not hyeping him too much but bye the end of May he should be a fine 3rd/4th OF in all leagues 12 teams or more. Aslo he can be very streaky so if you already have him or just grabbed him keep starting him in day to day lineup leagues.
Last edited by Bukoski77 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bloody Nipples » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:27 am

Would you drop Josh Phelps for him? Both have been struggling, so I dont really know what to do.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:31 am

Bloody Nipples wrote:Would you drop Josh Phelps for him? Both have been struggling, so I dont really know what to do.

I doubt it. Finley will be solid but not spectacular. Phelps has the upside to push 30HR and 100RBI's. Roto I might consider it but not in H-H.
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers