Intereleague Trades - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Intereleague Trades

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Intereleague Trades

Postby Lizzies » Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:41 pm

:-B
I am in an NL only deep deep keeper league. Any ideas of trades this year from the AL to NL.

Also when will Philly call Marlon Byrd up???
Lizzies

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:36 pm

Welcome, Lizzies! Tough question, and one where I can only give you a bit of guesswork since there aren't that many cold, hard facts out there. Speculation is always fun, though, so here goes:

Esteban Yan. A trade away from Tampa Bay is a distinct possibility, but there's no short list of potential takers yet.

Bartolo Colon. It's still possible that the Reds will be able to pick him up.

The entire Tigers roster is available in trades. Jeff Weaver might be a good possibility.

The Blue Jays would love to move an outfielder, but it doesn't seem likely that this will happen soon.

The Yankees will most likely make a deal of some kind, potentially dealing prospects. I doubt Drew Henson will be going anywhere, but Brandon Claussen and Erick Almonte seem possible. The Yankees may also be ready to shop Nick Johnson.

Sindney Ponson could also find himself on the move.

Again, this is mainly speculation. Most likely, we'll be surprised by most of the trades that actually happen, but these look like good scenarios to keep an eye on right now.

Also, watch if any AL team shows interest in Jack Cust.

As to Byrd, my feeling is he'll only be called up relatively late in the season unless an injury opens up a spot. There's no timetable yet, at any rate, and Giambi gives the Phillies a bit of roster flexibility.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:56 pm

Speaking of Cust... any word on if and when he'll be coming up? Hell, the Rockies could always put him at 2B and just deal with the inevitable errors... :->

Also, anyone have any news on Brett Myers? I know that the Phillies want to bring him along slowly, but they seem to be in the same position the Cubs were with Prior... Maybe pitching hasn't been their main problem, but they're in a tailspin that requires desperate measures.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby chuckr37 » Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:04 pm

I don't know, they might call up Byrd pretty soon. The way I hear it Person is learning to play first base and will be the new cleanup hitter. :-> :-B Just kidding. On a serious note, I recall at the beginning of the year talk of Texas trading Irod sometime during the season. With the money they are paying Arod and Irod being a free agent after this year (I think) they were looking to shop him. So when he comes back this weekend and all indications are that he will, if he start to perform well and his back does not flair up I'd say theres a good chance they would off him to an NL team so as not to face him to often during the season. Something else worth watching, the dodgers AAA club has 3 regulars hitting over .350, with the dodgers in first place and considering that Kevin Brown is second on the team in batting (ok only 16abs) but they might be looking to bring up some talent to keep them in the race in what looks to be one of the toughest divisions in baseball. As usual these are just my takes on the sport. Arlo, if you disagree, please send me to the bat rack :-o
chuckr37
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:17 pm

What? No bat rack for you! :-D

Interesting point about the Dodgers - I'll have to start watching that.

And Cust and Myers also have no set timetable. Both have a chance to be called up before September, but it's not a certainty in either case and will also depend upon roster space.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers