ADDICTION - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ADDICTION

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:04 am

funny thread fellas - but a word of advice for the romeos out there lending their simpathy and a shoulder to cry on: those guys dont "get" the girls. Sure, you're friends, but - pay attention now - you dont "get" the girls. They are crying on your shoulder about the bad boys - the guys who make them mad. Dont be the friend - be the jerk boyfriend who tells it like it is and isnt afraid to do what he wants. I know that sounds pretty bad, but there will be plenty of time to "reform" after college. Chicks dig the bad boys fellas - always have. Being the pansy who has a bunch of girls for friends is not the reputation you want.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:08 pm

Funny thread guys. ;-D

I guess I have to admit that I'm addicted too. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby M.Akihiko » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:12 pm

Sometimes, they play baseball very early in the morning. Sometimes, they play baseball in the midnight. But they never play baseball in the evening. I am very sleepy everyday.
M.Akihiko Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 34
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Japan, Near Hideki Matsui's home

Postby SweetLou311 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:55 pm

I'm just amazed I haven't been fired from my job yet.
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever." Shane Falco
SweetLou311
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 21
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MrTwo94 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:05 pm

I just graduated but the best was watching day game box scores from the computers in my engineering classes.

Now I'm just praying they don't monitor internet usage at my work very closely. Having two monitors is bonus. Box score in one, work in the other.

But just out of curiosity, what percentage of you guys ONLY do fantasy baseball? I mean, I like it and everything but I also like fantasy football and basketball a lot, too. I don't know what I'd do without all 3 of them. A gap between fantasy sports would possibly be lethal. When one gets going I start thinking it might be my favorite, but when I really think about it, football might be the best. If for nothing else, just because you can sit down and watch all the games for the week in one day with all your buddies in your league in one place. Makes for great suspense and [trash] talking.
MrTwo94
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 59
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daveblotto » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:10 pm

you need a Job like mine Musician. Problem is, I have gigs on Tues, Wed, Friday, Saturday nights. SO I rely on Seeing Sportscenter from a distance in some of the sportsbars my band plays in . At least on Tues/Wed nights I can see the Cubs cuz I only do Piano bar.
daveblotto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1049
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 3 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MrTwo94 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm

Actually, I made a post about my question. Curiosity got to me. Make sure to vote. It's in the same topic as this thread.
MrTwo94
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 59
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BostonBK7 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:05 pm

ramble2 wrote:
BostonBK7 wrote:Fantasy baseball sucks (not really). I'm sitting here and its 10:30; did I start my project? No. Looks like I'm gonna hand it in a day late and I can blame it on FBB. Maybe my teacher plays FBB as well and will understand...wouldn't that be great; a teacher who played fantasy.


Great thread; very funny.

Hmmm, I haven't considered telling my students that I'm a fantasy baseball player. As part of the 'get to know me' exercise at the beginning of the quarter, I do give them the option of telling me their favorite all-time and current baseball player ...

I'd understand if a student had to turn in a project late because of fantasy baseball. Of course, I'd still have to grade them down ... but that's because I'm a hard ass.

And as cool as it may sound to find a girl who is as into fantasy baseball as you are, I'd advise against it: (1) Trust me, you'll come to appreciate having your own activities that she's not interested in; and (2) you'll never live it down when she beats you at fantasy baseball. And she will beat you. And it will be because of injuries and luck, but that won't matter. It will still be the most humiliating thing imaginable. :-D


Thats sweet...never met a teacher who played or at least told me that they did. I disagree with the fact that you would still mark them down a grade; I mean cmon, if you were in my place you'd do the same thing right? :-D
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 897
Joined: 8 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Arlo » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:04 am

BostonBK7 wrote:
ramble2 wrote:
BostonBK7 wrote:Fantasy baseball sucks (not really). I'm sitting here and its 10:30; did I start my project? No. Looks like I'm gonna hand it in a day late and I can blame it on FBB. Maybe my teacher plays FBB as well and will understand...wouldn't that be great; a teacher who played fantasy.


Great thread; very funny.

Hmmm, I haven't considered telling my students that I'm a fantasy baseball player. As part of the 'get to know me' exercise at the beginning of the quarter, I do give them the option of telling me their favorite all-time and current baseball player ...

I'd understand if a student had to turn in a project late because of fantasy baseball. Of course, I'd still have to grade them down ... but that's because I'm a hard ass.

And as cool as it may sound to find a girl who is as into fantasy baseball as you are, I'd advise against it: (1) Trust me, you'll come to appreciate having your own activities that she's not interested in; and (2) you'll never live it down when she beats you at fantasy baseball. And she will beat you. And it will be because of injuries and luck, but that won't matter. It will still be the most humiliating thing imaginable. :-D


Thats sweet...never met a teacher who played or at least told me that they did. I disagree with the fact that you would still mark them down a grade; I mean cmon, if you were in my place you'd do the same thing right? :-D

Agreed. :-D

"But Mr. ramble sir, Podsednik was playing and I really needed that SB and I promise I'll turn it in tomorrow since I don't have any SPs on the mound tonight..."

(Hey, sure beats dog-ate-my-homework. ;-) )
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8847
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cheap Seats

Postby bucsfan04 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:09 am

i wake up extra early in the morning to check my teams. i'm definetly addicted.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 687
Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact