ADDICTION - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ADDICTION

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fvilla18 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:40 pm

College is definitely getting in the way of baseball games. You'd think i'd learn now that its my last year in college. once a fantasy baseballholic, always a fantasy baseballholic. :-D
fvilla18
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:40 pm

I agree about the hoping to find a babe who's into Fantasy Baseball. There's too much at stake to drag a babe into it to try and score her though. I can read their minds: "If I feign interest in OBP and K/9, maybe he'll take me to the dance [a small price to pay when it's the last day to get your 16 team H2H league together and you NEED an EVEN number!!]. It might even be fun'. I am well familiar w/ the nature of female obsessions for clothes, shoes, etc. and I have met very few women who are even close to posessing the motivation to get into this stuff the right way. It's simply not going to happen. I'd have to say that you'd be better off selling the 'at least I'm not into drugs' or other horrid, anti social behavior aspect of FBB. Even if it's not true, you should be able to stash your stash by your computer or something

We do have a woman in our league but she is not lame and is not involved w/ anyone that I'm aware of. She kicked a dude's ass last week while she was on vacation which would lead me to conclude that she posesses the correct level of interest.

And, Jbones, Rock and baseball is a verty good combo. I dig playing my electric guitar unplugged while watching baseball. Playing unplugged helps you dig into the strings way better when cranking it up.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby jbones733 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:39 pm

You know it acidrock ;-D
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BostonBK7 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:42 pm

Fantasy baseball sucks (not really). I'm sitting here and its 10:30; did I start my project? No. Looks like I'm gonna hand it in a day late and I can blame it on FBB. Maybe my teacher plays FBB as well and will understand...wouldn't that be great; a teacher who played fantasy.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GSes » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:58 pm

Zito is God wrote:
GSes wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
GSes wrote:
bibsybob wrote:school was never a problem. I dont do crap in school and i can do fine still.

I have to agree. I really do very, very little. I dont do homeword or study but manage a 3.0. I pretty much do one of three things

1. Simply sit there and sleep or stare into space.

2. Talk to my friends about Baseball

3. (the best one) Talk to the hot chicks in hope that one of them likes a fantasy baseball nut. (no luck so far, I will keep you posted. :-D

If only number 3 worked, I can't imagine how happy i'd actually be. Hot chicks talk to me about stuff I don't understand (drugs, sex) and I just nod and try to sound sympathetic all the time.

wow, thats sounds EXACTLY like me. I usually have no clue what they are talking about, I just do what I am good at and that is being sympathetic and using the fantasy baseball technique of selling. Smooth complements about the particular girl will always work, that and acting cute and innocent gets the job done.

But ya, most of the time I have no clue what they are talking about, they say something about how many guys they have slept with, I think about how many guys Randy Johnson struck out last nite and just nod my head. :-D

They go off about all their problems, and I want to say hey look, I have problems 2, Austin Kearns fractured his forarm and Derek Jeter is 0 for his last 456.

This has got to be one of the funniest posts EVER posted on this site. Seriously, I almost tipped my chair laughing so hard. You are officially on my list of favorite cafe memmbers (currently containing 3 people!). :-D :-D :-D

;-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby docholliday » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:45 am

I haven't watched baseball since I was a kid. I always play fantasy football and get really into it. I joined a really competitive fantasy baseball league and I am officially addicted. I have Stattracker and MLB All Access on my computer and I flip back between all my players. There is so many games it is freakin ridiculous ( in a good way). Graduation should still happen as long as its not on a Sunday when there is all those day games. Oh wait, I just found out managers sit their studs on Sundays.
docholliday Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ramble2 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:18 am

BostonBK7 wrote:Fantasy baseball sucks (not really). I'm sitting here and its 10:30; did I start my project? No. Looks like I'm gonna hand it in a day late and I can blame it on FBB. Maybe my teacher plays FBB as well and will understand...wouldn't that be great; a teacher who played fantasy.

Great thread; very funny.

Hmmm, I haven't considered telling my students that I'm a fantasy baseball player. As part of the 'get to know me' exercise at the beginning of the quarter, I do give them the option of telling me their favorite all-time and current baseball player ...

I'd understand if a student had to turn in a project late because of fantasy baseball. Of course, I'd still have to grade them down ... but that's because I'm a hard ass.

And as cool as it may sound to find a girl who is as into fantasy baseball as you are, I'd advise against it: (1) Trust me, you'll come to appreciate having your own activities that she's not interested in; and (2) you'll never live it down when she beats you at fantasy baseball. And she will beat you. And it will be because of injuries and luck, but that won't matter. It will still be the most humiliating thing imaginable. :-D
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:51 am

More than losing to your new sweetie, the biggest danger of mixing romance and fantasy sports is that she will lose whatever 'interest' she may have had and bail, destabilizing the league. Even if it's just apathy, you have people racking up wins against someone who's pining away for Mr. 'C'mon it'll be fun for US'. She'll hear the 'US' and will not be likely to appreciate the fun.

Beautiful Woman= priceless; functioning fantasy baseball league= ALSO priceless and, frankly, scarcer in the 'marketplace'. W/ basic economics, if you can have both, you are risking more by mixing them up. Smart play is to 'bench' the gal and make whatever arrangements you have to make to free up enough time for it....

This may be a gross stereotype but, even the women I know who are 'into' sports are not into it to the extent that they would be looking for splits to see how Soriano hit Zito last year or how Riley did (JOKE!!!) against the Mariners in his last 5 outings...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby prodpaul » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:02 am

I am just glad I am done with College and that the Cafe didn't exsist from 90-94 :-° I mostly likely would have flunked out. :-D

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby daveblotto » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:18 am

Well I have no grades to worry about as I'm out of school. However I'm a HUGE fantasy addict. Way passed the point of healthy.
daveblotto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers