Cliff Floyd? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Cliff Floyd?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cliff Floyd?

Postby metsfan1969 » Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:55 am

Anybody here besides me think that Cliff Floyd can perform just as well during the season as he is in spring training? He's rockin the ball.
Well Look who has come to the cafe, It's Mr. Met!
metsfan1969

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kashikis » Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:06 am

i do he didnt have a bad seaon last year at all actually itll really depend on how well he can hit at shea for half the season. they have been playing everywher ebut there it seems but he is making solid contact on the ball and thats what you need to succeed in shea. he already has the power and speed so it looks like all the pieces of his puzzle are starting to line up.
kashikis

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AntLive » Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:54 pm

kashikis wrote:i do he didnt have a bad seaon last year at all actually itll really depend on how well he can hit at shea for half the season. they have been playing everywher ebut there it seems but he is making solid contact on the ball and thats what you need to succeed in shea. he already has the power and speed so it looks like all the pieces of his puzzle are starting to line up.

I agree. He had a good season last year and was on different teams. I think playing in a place he wants to be will be good for him. I'm also looking forward to the season.
AntLive
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MookieNJ » Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:14 pm

I think Floyd will have a great season for the Mets this year. I think, as with everyone else on the Mets, that as long as the Mets play hard and don't hate each other, they should have a pretty good season. However, if things turn bad like last year, Floyd and company will be in for another long season :,-(.
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:50 pm

There seems to be a certain sort of player that the Mets are loaded up on: The guy who only plays hard on a winning team. Once they started losing, half the team lost interest last year. Here's hoping they get off to a quick start.
Hank
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AntLive » Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:15 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:There seems to be a certain sort of player that the Mets are loaded up on: The guy who only plays hard on a winning team. Once they started losing, half the team lost interest last year. Here's hoping they get off to a quick start.
Hank

Nice point. Never thought of it that way. As much as I liked Bobby V., I think Art Howe will take this team where he could not. He is the arch-Bobby V. I think this team will perform for him.
AntLive
College Coach
College Coach

Postby metsfan1969 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:19 pm

I couldn't stand Bobby V. I always thought that he would rot after the Mets got rid of him. Notice how no teams came beating his door down. Maybe he was in disguise and nobody recognized him.
Well Look who has come to the cafe, It's Mr. Met!
metsfan1969

Cafe Writer

Postby kashikis » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:52 pm

i think that howe is the piece that this team needed, we all knew the talent was there but the lack of leadership pissed me off. howe wont let these hot heads get outta hand IMO, so hes gonna be the catalyst to make them shine together as a team
kashikis

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby help » Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:46 pm

Man oh man did i think it was that easy with having Howe as the starter. Our 4th and 5th starters are weak no matter what you say. Our defense can be characterized as very poor. People stealing on our catcher our third basemen being a butcher as well as our center fielder. This is honestly the first time in a good 15 years where i think im realistic. Timo will be the starter soon enough and hopefully Wigginton's bat will offset his fielding. and if we get astacio back healthy and Cone produces we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. I personally feel Vaughn will be great this year and Alomar will do better but not the way he was in the past. burnitz will be a bum he played in a sandbox in Mil Shea Stadium is a pitchers park where gap to gap hitters do well. With all this LETS GO METS
help

Friendliness: %

Postby kentx12 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:05 pm

When Floyd comes back this year does he have any fantasy value. Will he put up solid numbers.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to New York Mets