PLEASE HELP!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

PLEASE HELP!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

PLEASE HELP!!

Postby fantasy league troubles » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:27 pm

I really need some opinions on this thread ASAP. This is causing quite a stir in our league and it is threatening to hurt it a lot.

Help me out, I'll help you.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54574
fantasy league troubles

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Erboes » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:35 pm

If you're looking for an opinion on the trade, it is very, very, one sided, on the surface.

There is room for debate on this though. There's no guarantee that Crawford will hit like he has all season nor Baez remain the closer. If any of these scenarios play out and Fullmer or Hunter break out in a big way then it could swing the trade to the Fullmer/Hunter side. I'm a big Crawford guy, though, and I find that the Fullmer/Hunter side will even make it close doubtful. I don't know if I'd veto it, however, because there can be a case made for the other side. For league harmony, I'd let it pass.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

thanks, but...

Postby league commish » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:45 pm

actually it's already been vetoed. He's already threatening to quit.

As the commish I'd just like to know

1) whether our league which is very competitive has become too strict in vetoing such a trade (again, the rookie manager is getting the hunter/fullmer side)

2) What can I say to the player quitting to prove to him we are not trying to screw him and just trying to keep trades fair?
league commish

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: thanks, but...

Postby Erboes » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:52 pm

league commish wrote:actually it's already been vetoed. He's already threatening to quit.

As the commish I'd just like to know

1) whether our league which is very competitive has become too strict in vetoing such a trade (again, the rookie manager is getting the hunter/fullmer side)

2) What can I say to the player quitting to prove to him we are not trying to screw him and just trying to keep trades fair?

I see. I should read these things more carefully.

I actually had a very similar situation on one of my leagues just last week. What we did is just tell the guy we're a bunch of jackasses, which is true. He was dealing with one of the big dogs and we're all very sensitive when a deal is done with one of the big dogs. We explained it to him that way and he actually understood. Rookies need to understand that this is very important with a lot of people. Once they understand that they're usually fine.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Base Ballpickers » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:06 pm

It looks like an abused veto. If I were commish and I felt like that maybe the veto was the wrong thing to do, then I would probably tell the guys to do the trade again and make sure it goes through. Sometimes veto-power-hungry managers need a reality check when it comes to vetoing trades.
"My job as a coach is to make you do what you don't want to do so you can become the man you want to be."
Base Ballpickers
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers