Valentino Martin Pascucci - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Valentino Martin Pascucci

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Valentino Martin Pascucci

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:51 pm

I have transactions due in three hours and I would like to learn as much as possible about this kid between now and midnight?

anybody know him?

I am looking at his numbers on the CUBE and he seems to take a ton of walks and he hits for power. The BA is suspect, but any help whould be appreciated ..

thanks in advance.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby redbirdchacha » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:05 am

Val Pascucci, OF, Expos. Pascucci has always shown the ability to hit for power, but last season he finally combined that with excellent plate discipline. He hit .289 with 15 home runs and 85 RBIs while playing in the corner outfield spot opposite fellow prospect Terrmel Sledge.

Sledge got the first crack in Montreal, but it hasn't gone so well. (Check that .079 average.) Sledge's struggles should open the door for Pascucci. One of the hottest hitters in the minors right now, Pascucci is hitting .319 with five home runs and 18 RBIs. To put that in perspective, take away Jose Vidro and Orlando Cabrera, and Pascucci has matched the home run and RBI production of the entire Expos team. While his high strikeout total - 132 last year - will always be troublesome, he balances it with a high number of walks. Don't forget the power numbers few in Montreal can match. Pascucci will be up by June, but don't be surprised if he gets a look much sooner. (EDITOR'S NOTE: Perhaps the Expos were reading; Pascucci was called up Monday evening.)
redbirdchacha

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:28 am

Thank you very much

I just read an interview with Montreal Director of Player Development ...

It was from the Arizona fall league. I would Cut n Paste it if I could, but it won't let me ..

Basically Montreal is very High on him and they Project him to be a regular OF for Montreal. They think he is too patient right now, as in he never swings at pitches outside of the plate. (And you wonder where Vlad gets it from)

But they want him to be more agressive at the plate. 100 walks every season? Wow. He has the Power to produce runs.
Apparently he has a great arm too ..

I might take a chance on him in my deep NL league. He would take a spot from Rene Reyes, who had his job stolen by Holliday. Either way they are all just waiting for Bay to come off the DL. Soon I hope.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thehat » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:15 am

Pascucci is a power guy with a good eye...but he's not much for contact.

About all those minor league walks, check out these numbers. 86 at Rookie, 96 at high A, 117 at AA, 102 at AAA. Pretty impressive, right? Those numbers belong to the one and only Jack "The Bust" Cust. Minor league walk totals are not especially meaningful.

Pascucci is very possible a mirror image of Cust. A 4A bomber who will kill AAA and can't hit at the top level. I've seen him play and he has a long swing which I believe big league pitchers will definitely exploit.

I would leave him for someone else.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:19 am

thehat wrote:Pascucci is a power guy with a good eye...but he's not much for contact.

About all those minor league walks, check out these numbers. 86 at Rookie, 96 at high A, 117 at AA, 102 at AAA. Pretty impressive, right? Those numbers belong to the one and only Jack "The Bust" Cust. Minor league walk totals are not especially meaningful.

Pascucci is very possible a mirror image of Cust. A 4A bomber who will kill AAA and can't hit at the top level. I've seen him play and he has a long swing which I believe big league pitchers will definitely exploit.

I would leave him for someone else.

I love the cafe, thank you sir ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers