Any Good Fantasy Baseball Sites?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any Good Fantasy Baseball Sites??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any Good Fantasy Baseball Sites??

Postby Yeaok » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:24 pm

They have rankings and all that good stuf. I havent found a great one. Thanks guyz.
Yeaok

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby chuckr37 » Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:11 pm

Just my 2 cents but give fantasymatchups.com or just ask they guys here. I have only been coming here for a couple of weeks but there are some good guys here with good information.
chuckr37
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby timkell » Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:18 pm

http://www.sportingnews.com is great for news on players, updated every day.

It has rankings, too, but rankings are always tough. They update them weekly, though.

You can use rankings to more objectively consider players. I like Sporting News' rankings, because they don't immediately raise hot players to number one or drop cold players to 50. They try to assess the real value of a player. T

hey don't give rookies ANY credit, e.g. Prior at 72, and they give failing veterans way too much credit, but it's a perspective worth checking out. the daily news updates are the best, though, because they give you the fantasy spin on the news.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby warr1616 » Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:39 am

rotoworld.com .... great site
warr1616

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:19 am

I agree - sportingnews is very good for updates and the like. timkell is right: they don't give rookies much credit in the rankings, but take the rookie news and write-ups with a grain of salt - they're usually a bit on the optimistic side, especially at the AA level or below.

There are all sorts of sites out there, some good and some bad. Mainly it's a matter of taste; choose the ones that work for you. Stats are easy to find; so are daily updates. The major sites like sportingnews, espn and of course mlb work well for those. Analysis is a bit trickier - you just have to read some columns and figure out whose ideas are good and whose aren't. Forums also aren't easy - I like to think the folks who post here are among the best... :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers