Met Andy Pettite tonight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Met Andy Pettite tonight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Apollo » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:49 pm

I sat by a big group of Yankees at a fancy Italian place in Toronto a few years ago. The two I recognized were Jeter and Posada, but I presume they were all with the team, since they were out of New York. Oddly enough, it was right after Jeter got that huge contract extension, but Posada picked up the tab.
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KolbSaves » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:50 pm

Zito is God wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:"um, hey Mr. Pettite I'm a big baseball fan"

-"oh is that right? nice to meet you"

"did you know you're the most overrated pitcher in fantasy baseball"

-*throws drink*

This is why you're one of my favorite posters! :-D

thanks
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby afromangettindrunk » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:57 pm

last summer my little cousin threw out the opening pitch at a red sox blue jays game at fenway. i got to go onto the field to take pictures and i met manny, delgado, trot nixon, and jesus damon.

and mark summers from double dare was on the field too. he had to borrow a glove to also throw out a pitch 8-o
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zito is God » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:58 pm

afromangettindrunk wrote:last summer my little cousin threw out the opening pitch at a red sox blue jays game at fenway. i got to go onto the field to take pictures and i met manny, delgado, trot nixon, and jesus damon.

and mark summers from double dare was on the field too. he had to borrow a glove to also throw out a pitch 8-o

Why'd your cousin get the opporunity?

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby afromangettindrunk » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:04 pm

my uncle has a company in boston and he won the opportunity at an auction. it was for two people to be led out to throw a pitch. (the second person was my grandmother who stood on the mound with my cousin).
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jbones733 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:38 pm

Zito is God wrote:Dude, if I ever saw a MLB player at a restaurant i would DEFINETLY talk to him. Just get an autograph or a picture or something! ;-D

I agree, I would of approached him also, I met (WHOOOOO) Richie Sexson just hit a F'ng Bomb) WOW, Sorry ,......................... I met Matteu Schneider in Duane Read once after a hockey game. I got his autograph in their, he was buying Tylenol, lol & I also met Deke Mutumobo after a knick game but, he cant speak much english
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Pedantic » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:45 pm

jbones733 wrote:I also met Deke Mutumobo after a knick game but, he cant speak much english

Hmmm...he and Shaq have something in common. ;-7
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Melo255 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:08 am

TRUE STORY-When I was about 8 years old-I'm 24 now-I used to be dragged to my sisters skating rehearsals at Restuccia Rink in Wilmington, MA, where the Bruins practice. I was too young to know much of anything about baseball and at that time I wasn't really very into it probably due to our terrible teams in Boston but anyway...one of the girls that my sister skated with was Bill Buckner's daughter. Swear to god no lie. I remember my mother telling me who he was tons of times but it never meant anything to me. It was years later that I realized I'd met the man who broke every heart in New England a hundred times. All that I really remember about it was that he was really nice and he used to buy me these little pizza squares because it was obvious I was miserable watching skating. Now whenever I hear people badmouth Buckner-which is every time he is talked about-I actually defend him viciously since he was always so nice to me. Weird huh? Also met Nomar at a Celtics game the winter after his rookie year. He wasn't as nice but I don't blame him since there like 50 people all crowding him and asking him for his autograph. Those are my only two meetings with celebrities outside of Spring Training which doesn't count.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Los Angeles Cubs » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:29 am

Dude86 wrote:Must have been a pretty lame bunch of players if the most recognizable one is Brett Tomko. Still pretty col though I've never seen any MLB players in life, except at the games :-)

i think another guy was Todd Pratt. He had like 4 philly cheese steak sandwiches. :-D
Go Cubs!
Los Angeles Cubs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Met Andy Pettite tonight

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:17 am

AC Rounders wrote:At Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Pittsburgh. Ok. I didn't actually talk to him but he sat right behind me. Thought that was pretty cool.

I've lived in Pittsburgh and eaten at Ruth's Chris. Great food, but a little on the pricey side. At least it was about 7 years ago. B-)

Cool story though. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers