Keeper League FORMAT....SUGGESTIONS NEEDED - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper League FORMAT....SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League FORMAT....SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Postby B.O.S. Owner » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:00 pm

My private H2H league is contemplating starting with a keeper league next year. We would draft next spring with that in mind. What suggestions can you offer in terms of format? How many? Position specific, etc.....
"Winning isn't everything....IT IS THE ONLY THING!"
B.O.S. Owner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:08 pm

Make SURE you have 5 slots for SP's, 5 for RP's and absolutely NO P's. (In my opinion)

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

hard.

Postby matmat » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:09 pm

You will most likely get many different responses to this one.

I like 5x5 categories in H2H leagues, (specifically R,RBI,SB, OBP, SLG, W, SV, K ERA WHIP) -- of course you already have a set of categories for your league, so you'll probably want to stick with that.

The positions and such really depend on the provided you'd be using. I like basic positions: (C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B 3OF UTIL). If your league has not too many managers (<15) it makes sense to throw in a CI,MI and one each of OF and UTIL.

I don't like having two catchers, although in a weekly transaction league it makes more sense than in daily.

I'd also see about not only having starters and a bench, but also a minor league roster, with a limited number of moves to the main roster. whether this makes sense for your league or not greatly depends on how involved everyone is...

edit:
forgot pitchers.
the number of slots really ought to depend on the number of managers in your league.

You clearly need an innings minimum for each week. Barring that I don't think you need or should have specific RP or SP slots. if someone only wants to start starters -- let them... if someone just wants to start relievers, that's fine too. the former will win the countables (except saves) the latter has a shot at ERA and WHIP... don't fix the strategy for everyone in the league -- let them choose.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers