S. Casey you gotta love his - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

S. Casey you gotta love his

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

S. Casey you gotta love his

Postby Kingsac » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:08 pm

You got to really like this guy on this team in between Griffey and Dunn, I mean he gets RBI chances plus Run chances and he gets great pitches. Really the guy is a stud all the way around, plus he is preety reliable and not likely to get any serious injuries. What are your guys take on him, and just about how high is his stock right now, I'd say so far he is one of the best 1B options out there,
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bell » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:14 pm

He's not going to continue to bat .443, but he is a solid player like Olerud (was?). He just doesn't hit for much power, which is a serious disadvantage in fantasy baseball for first basemen. He makes for a good CI player though, or in my case NL only.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Leiter Fan » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:15 pm

Even thoguh I have him on one of my teams, I wouldn't say he is a stud all around. He hits a ton of doubles, which is good if your league counts slugging percentage or OPS. But he doesn't hit a huge amount of homers (even though he has one today). That is his one Achilles heel fantasy-wise (however, it makes for a VERY good 1B in real life).
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby kcs261 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:15 pm

I just picked him off the WW and put him in my lineup tonight. KABOOM! I really like Casey right now. A top option, I'm not sure without much power. But he's a great UI guy while he's hot, that's for sure. And who knows? Maybe he has 20 HRs and 100 RBIs with him with a .300 average. If so, then maybe he is a top option. Right now, I'm simply riding a hot hand.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby NZF » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:27 pm

bell wrote:He just doesn't hit for much power, which is a serious disadvantage in fantasy baseball for first basemen.

He has got power though he just doesn't use it.

I for one would like to see him sacrifice his average 20 points to give him a shot at 25-30 HR's.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby planet » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:41 pm

i picked him up late... he has been nothing but solid for me... i hope he keeps it up... but i'm willing to trade him...
planet

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby #1 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:56 pm

I picked him up for a plug in player to play today only, because Pujols and the Cards are not playing today. I will gladly take whatever he produces tonight, but he will not remain on my roster because, I have Pujols and Huff(who looks to be coming out of his April slump).

Friendliness: %

Postby Kingsac » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:48 pm

As a Casey supporter I must say that I see him as a good choice at 1st if you aren't in dire need of a 30hr kinda guy. Casey will hit 20-25 this year and will have plenty of RBI, R, and hit for a bit better than .300. Plus he is consistant, he won't go on a 0-10 slump at all. You have to like where he is sitting in that order also between griffy and dunn, not a bad spot.
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pedantic » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:51 pm

I picked him up since Hafner was wiping the floor with his tongue. Now I already have one less homer than all of last week. :-b
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby jimhorn888 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:28 pm

Although Casey will not continue this torrid pace he will finish the year over 300. His spot in the lineup is sweet especially with Griffey back swinging a decent bat. He's going to see a lot of good pitches to hit this year. Agrred he won't be a 30 HR man but 100 RBI's is not out of the question. I've been playing him at 1B/3B while Sweeney has been hurt. I may trade him when Sweeney returns or use him at utility if he stays hot.
jimhorn888
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers