Missed draft and got autodrafted, lopsided team, need help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Missed draft and got autodrafted, lopsided team, need help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Missed draft and got autodrafted, lopsided team, need help!

Postby djhjf » Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:24 pm

I'm in a 5/5 roto league non keeper AL and NL players holding a 21 man roster. I have a decent outfield and a 7-man killer starting pitching staff. I need to rebuild my team and need help. Here's what I have now.

C - Paul LoDuca
1b - John Olerud
2b - Adam Kennedy
3b - Corey Koskie
SS - Nomar Garciaparra
OF- Hideki Matsui
OF- Randy Winn
OF- Steve Finley
UTIL - Kenny Lofton
Bench - Carlos Lee

SP - Pedro Martinez
SP - Bartolo Colon
SP - Derek Lowe
SP - Kevin Milwood
SP - Matt Morris
SP - Jeff Weaver
SP - Tomo Ohka
RP - Mike Dejean (only closer on team, 27 weak saves avg)
RP - Buddy Groom
RP - Lance Carter

Obviously in a roto league I'd be a fool to keep this starting rotation. Once my limited amount of innings expire my pitching staff is useless. I do see my team as having a lot of potential though. Colon, Lowe, Pedro are all highly tradeable. I think milwood is underrated and weaver is a great 4th man ... I'd like to keep Pedro and trade colon, lowe and milwood for three solid infielders. I think worrying about saves is kind of ridiculous at this point. I have an awful closer even combined with a good one will only leave me middle of the road in the standings if that, I think I should focus on getting offensive players that will produce across the board and use DeJean to bargain with. Let me know what you think I should go after, should I stick Colon and Morris together and try and hit up on a Soriano, Giambi, Thome or Pujols or should I go for 3 hitters in the top 75 for 3 pitchers in the top 50? Thanks for your advice.
djhjf
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby drunkenmonkey » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:39 am

If you are intent on trading those three pitchers (which is a pretty good idea considering a lot of teams are short if you have that many), I would try to trade Lowe for someone like Kent. They went within two picks of each other in my draft. Millwood or Colon for a solid first or third baseman. You could package your existing position for a good trade(like Colon and Olerud for Sweeney or Millwood and Coskie for Glaus or Chavez). I would only use one pitcher for first or third and leave the other position pat. Your third trade, I think, should be a package deal for an OF and a RP. How about something like Millwod for Damon, Urbina. You'll have to tweak that one to make it even enough for someone to take a trade, but I think you need to address those two positions. If you are certain about booting saves, you could try packaging your remaining corner infielder -- something like Millwood, Coskie for P. Wilson, Hinske. Whatever you do, I would recomment getting at least one OF in the trades (I have your OFs at #35, 41, and 46 respectively on my list). Long message, hope it helped. Please see mine if you get the chance.
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team