John Kruk vs. Harold Reynolds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

John Kruk vs. Harold Reynolds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Oat Soda » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:37 pm

sinicalypse wrote:kurkjian is ... just a goody goody two shoes schmuck who's out to talk up everything in the game at any possible juncture and ride the coattails of others' success that he slobbers over on a daily basis.

I remember him trying to interview Al Leiter in the Mets clubhouse after they won the wildcard in '99 and Leiter poured a bottle of champagne over his head. Kurkjian was so visibly pissed off but was struggling to keep his composure until he could get off-camera. It was hilarious. (I guess I can understand him being irritated though. His suit looked VERY expensive).[/b]
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yankees SUCK » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:48 pm

thetruth wrote:and whoever mentioned eckersley being on the show, you do not want that. he comes off as really boring on TV.

You can't be serious. Eckersley is the man (especially in interviews and on TV). But I'm not complaining that he didn't get the job. He's awesome on the Red Sox post game show "Extra Innings."

I think Kirkjen (SP?) knows what he's talking about... But sometimes gets a little too carried away with random statistics.

Reynolds is pretty good. I think he's great during the Little League World Series. He predicted last year how the Mariners would tail off and it would be the Sox & A's in the playoffs last yr. when the Mariners had quite a lead in the west. That impressed me.

I think Peter Gammons is great.

Jeff Brantley is pretty annoying to me, I CAN'T STAND Berman on Sunday nights referring to players with those nicknames (ex: Todd "Highway to" Helton & Miguel Tejada "the come, Tejada they fall")

1 name which has not come up (haven't seen him much on it this yr) is Rob Dibble. I'm not sure what I thought of his "Nasty Points."
Yankees SUCK
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers