John Kruk vs. Harold Reynolds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

John Kruk vs. Harold Reynolds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jmo » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:09 pm

Nomar, I disagree. I think Kruk detracts from the show. He stammers, make dumb comments, and carrys on with stupid takes. It's my entertainment, it's my TV, they make that show for people like me therefore I have the right to critisize. I watch Survivor and Big Brother for my Confrontational TV. Not every show needs the "in your face" guy. You can tell that he can't debat because he just raises his voice and says ridiculous things to HR rather than further backing up his argument. He's childish. Baseball is a slow game, made for a century gone by. Not to say that it is no good, I love that about baseball, and I think BBTN should mirror that flow and steadyness.

Nulsam noted earlier that Gammons flies off the handle sometimes, I have seen him get a little flustered at times. It's only because he is not the confrontational type and when challenged by Bobby V or others, he overcompensates. Probably because he idolizes baseball players and feels somewhat inadequate around them or like he has something to prove to them. Just a guess. I do love the guy. I could watch diamond notes segments all day.
jmo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thetruth » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:32 pm

i think kruk is cool and makes good points. harold is alright and GAMMONS IS THE MAN!
thetruth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thetruth » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:38 pm

and whoever mentioned eckersley being on the show, you do not want that. he comes off as really boring on TV.
Last edited by thetruth on Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thetruth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zoozam » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:49 pm

I'll tell you who's killing me, night in and night out, that no one has mentioned yet is Jeff "S-Curl Reneck" Brantley ... i mean, what was he - a middle releiver??? he's as bad as Pat Summerall and Paul McGuire sounding off about football all the time when they were PUNTERS!!! Not even field goal kickers, mind you, who put points on the board but punters!

Insane.

To the Brantley point though, he had one year of 40 saves and then a whole lot of middle relief work; further, he's refused to lose the white-man-jerry-curl that looked sort of hideous hanging out of this middle relief hat but really hideous dripping onto his suit jacket. I find his commentary ordinary and too angled towards pitchers. I love everything he gets into that's pitching coach related but wish, in those few times, he would only be filmed from the chin down ... out of Jerry-Zone. He needs to be punted off real quick.

And love him or hate him - Valentine was 50 times better than Kruk. Like him or hate him, he was given responsibility for managing whole games w/teams of men while Kruk'y had to get an attendent to help crane his jock on.
zoozam
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby afromangettindrunk » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:09 pm

not quite on topic, but Dick Schaap was the man.
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thetruth » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:12 pm

afromangettindrunk wrote:not quite on topic, but Dick Schaap was the man.

gonna have to disagree on that one.
thetruth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby afromangettindrunk » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:16 pm

thats too bad
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:23 pm

kruk sucks and makes the dumbest points ever. i've always liked harold.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thetruth » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:08 pm

im 19 and the only thing i remember dick shaap doing was the sports reporters show. he wasn't that great on it. maybe he was a great writer earlier in his life, but I never read it. im guessing you aren't too old either. what are you basing your opinion of dick shaap on afroman?
thetruth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nomar4prez » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:35 pm

zoozam wrote:I'll tell you who's killing me, night in and night out, that no one has mentioned yet is Jeff "S-Curl Reneck" Brantley ... i mean, what was he - a middle releiver??? he's as bad as Pat Summerall and Paul McGuire sounding off about football all the time when they were PUNTERS!!! Not even field goal kickers, mind you, who put points on the board but punters!

Insane.

To the Brantley point though, he had one year of 40 saves and then a whole lot of middle relief work; further, he's refused to lose the white-man-jerry-curl that looked sort of hideous hanging out of this middle relief hat but really hideous dripping onto his suit jacket. I find his commentary ordinary and too angled towards pitchers. I love everything he gets into that's pitching coach related but wish, in those few times, he would only be filmed from the chin down ... out of Jerry-Zone. He needs to be punted off real quick.

And love him or hate him - Valentine was 50 times better than Kruk. Like him or hate him, he was given responsibility for managing whole games w/teams of men while Kruk'y had to get an attendent to help crane his jock on.

I don't think it matters what he did in his career as long as he knows what he's talking about. Great players don't make good analysts or announcers. For instance, I love D. Justice as a guy and a ballplayer, but he can not announce. His voice is not an announcing voice, and he has a hard time explaining his ideas.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers