John Kruk vs. Harold Reynolds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

John Kruk vs. Harold Reynolds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

John Kruk vs. Harold Reynolds

Postby Captain Crash » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:07 am

A thread came up about Art Howe's propensity to be passive and it reminded me of the arguement a while back between ESPN Baseball Tonight analyists John Kruk and Harold Reynolds...It was a classic battle, but in the end Kruk would not budge that it was B.S. that A-Rod bunted for a base hit in the first inning. He said he was getting paid to hit home runs and drive in runs. Reynolds was absolutely dumfounded that Kruk would have such an opinion. He said A-Rod started a three-run rally and what was wrong with that. In the end, I absolutely agree that A-Rod did a great thing... Nothing bad could have come from it, at least no worse than a pop-up to third. Harold, I believe, was in the right. Any thoughts?
Captain Crash
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KrukHater » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:34 am

i agree, but probably mostly because i cant stand kruk, i cant believe he netted the baseball tonight job, heres a guy that was the but of everyones jokes on "the best damned sports show period", he could never even get a word in over tom arnold, now hes on baseball tonight, over the likes of dennis eckersley(who also tried to get the job) i think they were looking for a really opinionated guy who could maybe spice up the show, what they got was a guy who throws out things like "the yankees are gonna RUN away with it this year" and "bonds is DEFINITELY hitting over .400, definitely" and this thing with reynolds, its almost like hes forcing it just to be different, i havent heard one smart thing escape his lips this year.
KrukHater

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Ficerarmer » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:35 am

yeah I'm not Kruk's biggest fan either. He's dragged baseball tonight down a little bit, but it's still the best show on television :D
Ficerarmer Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TwinsDude » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:41 am

Harold is my hero.
TwinsDude

Friendliness: %

Kruk v Reynolds

Postby jmo » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:42 am

Well, They both had a valid point and should've just agreed to disagree but that doesn't seem to be Kruk's style. Last year, Bobby Valentine was constantly on the case of Peter Gammons. I think he resented the fact that Gammons was not a player. I hated seeing Peter get railroaded by that smiley faced jerk. I fault the producers. I think they are going for "Combat TV" style Baseball Tonight to spice it up. It's not needed. Give me my Ravech, Reynolds, and Gammons everynight and I'd be happy. Dibbs, Brantley, Kruk, et al, have there place, but they are not the "A Team".
jmo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WhiteHot » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:43 am

John Kruk is my hero. Beers after games, beers all the time.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chip » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:50 am

anybody is better than "Smiley".
Chip
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Kruk v Reynolds

Postby osb » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:05 am

jmo wrote:Well, They both had a valid point and should've just agreed to disagree but that doesn't seem to be Kruk's style. Last year, Bobby Valentine was constantly on the case of Peter Gammons. I think he resented the fact that Gammons was not a player. I hated seeing Peter get railroaded by that smiley faced jerk. I fault the producers. I think they are going for "Combat TV" style Baseball Tonight to spice it up. It's not needed. Give me my Ravech, Reynolds, and Gammons everynight and I'd be happy. Dibbs, Brantley, Kruk, et al, have there place, but they are not the "A Team".

i agree, but has everyone forgotten when harold and gammons got into it last season? i can't really remember the topic, but gammons just about ripped harold a new one and harold fired right back... i couldn't believe what i was seeing and believe me it was waaaay more intense than kruk v reynolds... i thought it was just a matter of time before they started throwing punches... i mean they were YELLING at each other, calling names and everything else
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Location: somewhere in the hillbilly land of southwest Virginia

Berman and other annoyances

Postby jmo » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:24 am

While were on the topic of Baseball Tonight, am I the only on that is annoyed with Ravich when he calls Podsednick, Posiden Adventure and Bagwell, Bagpipes, and Yard Work. Quit the slang Karl, leave it "Boo-yaa Stuey" and Berman. It's a tired bit, don't try to be the story guys, give us the facts and then pass the ball to the Talent. And quit having Berman host BB2N every once in a while, I can only tolerate him during Football season. Espn thinks it's funny to have Berman do play by play for historic events like BB's 660, he's the freaking worst at play by play, I can only hope that BB breaks the record during a Saturday Fox game.
jmo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby moose » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:19 am

Chip wrote:anybody is better than "Smiley".

yeah right. He was the best one there last year.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers