Where's the love for Oliver Perez? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where's the love for Oliver Perez?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Info » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:16 pm

Pirates are playing the AL west this year, so you'll have to wait a year or two before the Red Sox or Yankees come to town.
Info

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

maybe

Postby JOEG » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:44 pm

maybe in the World Series he might play those teams...... but i suppose that wouldn't concern his fantasy value and also common sense as the Pirates are far from the WS...

No way you can wait 2-3 more quality starts to grab this guy!!!!!! Thats a completely stupid thing to suggest.... unless you are in a dormant league or in a 4 team league he will be long gone ASAP, in other words even if you mom threw a Complete game shutout against one of the better linups and put up double digit K's also, she would be picked up in three seconds!!! This is and will be one of the best pitched games of the year and probably a better game then MOST stud pitchers will have!
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bucsfan04 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:46 pm

Perez is an awesome pitcher. He will definetly have a breakout year. This is kinda meaningless, but in when simulated my season with the pirates on MVP Baseball, he won the CY Young.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby Rohan » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:52 pm

I picked Perez of waivers last season when he was still in Sand Diego, waive him then picked him up again later down the road. He had good performances like he did today last year, granted he didn't pitch a complete game, but he had similar outings. 9K, 11K etc..

I hope he has a break out season, but I'm not going to dangle him out in front of good offenseive teams, until he pitches well against them. Cincy was on tear up until today, so I benched him
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: maybe

Postby Zito is God » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:53 pm

JOEG wrote:maybe in the World Series he might play those teams...... but i suppose that wouldn't concern his fantasy value and also common sense as the Pirates are far from the WS...

No way you can wait 2-3 more quality starts to grab this guy!!!!!! Thats a completely stupid thing to suggest.... unless you are in a dormant league or in a 4 team league he will be long gone ASAP, in other words even if you mom threw a Complete game shutout against one of the better linups and put up double digit K's also, she would be picked up in three seconds!!! This is and will be one of the best pitched games of the year and probably a better game then MOST stud pitchers will have!

I'm not saying don't pick him up, I'm saying you can't flat out state that this guy is gonna be amazing after a couple of good starts.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

ok

Postby JOEG » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:57 pm

Sorry Zito i misread you, i thought you meant wait on him to pick him up, i agree it's probably a mirage, but like Webb, Willis, Podsednik, and (insert breakout player here) you had to act on it fast or sit there all year and wish you would of had the balls! People are very quick to act on above average starts from pitchers, let alone GEMS! I would be surprised if there was any leagues he was a FA in tommorrow.... however after his next start that number might go up :-B
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WhiteHot » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:04 pm

Would you drop one of these guys for Oliver Perez?

OF M. Byrd (Phi - CF)
Util T. Hafner (Cle - 1B,DH)
BN Á. Sánchez (Det - CF)
BN C. Peña (Det - 1B)
DL J. Hairston Jr.DL (Bal - 2B)
SP M. Riley (Bal - SP)
SP R. Harden (Oak - SP)
P J. Valverde (Ari - RP)
P B. Myers (Phi - SP)
BN Z. Day (Mon - SP)
BN J. Contreras (NYY - SP,RP)
BN B. Koch (CWS - RP)
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Zito is God » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:06 pm

As much as I love Harden he has not been performing at all. Consider dropping him.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WhiteHot » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:07 pm

Zito is God wrote:As much as I love Harden he has not been performing at all. Consider dropping him.

I don't know! He hasn't been doing that bad. And he gets more Ks than most pitchers. I was thinking Billy Koch or Valverde or Myers.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

riley

Postby JOEG » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:07 pm

Riley in a heart beat

I would keep Harden around for a couple more weeks

Riley hasnt really done anything other then generate a lot of BS hype
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor