Bernie Williams or Ray Lankford? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bernie Williams or Ray Lankford?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bernie Williams or Ray Lankford?

Postby Dugout » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:13 pm

Lankords .250 avg looks a whole lot better than Bernies buck seventy-nine. I'm leaning toward Bernie since he can't get any worse (not one two hit game all year).

Anyone think Bernie has one more hot streak in him?
Dugout
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flip » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:15 pm

I'd go with Williams - just because he has such a powerful lineup around him and Lofton is currently on the DL so he's sure to DH or play outfield. Lankford - I just wouldn't do it.

Stick with BERNIE>
Flip
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hyde » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:16 pm

Bernie still has it in him, but if he doesn't produce soon the Yanks aren't going to keep him in the lineup. I don't care how long Bernie has been a Yankee, Steinbrenner will kick him to the curb and not think anything of it.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jeffc_76 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:18 pm

Depending on the competitiveness of the league, I think you can safely let Bernie sit out in the FA pool for a while. He looks as bad as I've ever seen him. He's almost always a slow starter and his lost time to the appendicitis this year could only make things worse. He also has chronically bad shoulders that he needs to work on constantly to maintain his power and he couldn't do that for weeks either after he went under the knife. I'm not certain but I bet they're bothering him right now. He might have a hot streak in him but I wouldn't expect it for at least another month.
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers