Drop Pineiro? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drop Pineiro?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Pineiro?

Postby Yeaok » Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:12 pm

He has looked bad in his last 2 starts, he played the devil rays too so thats even worse. What do I do with this guy. Which Outfielder should i pick up, Eric Owens, Mark Kotsay, Jermaine Dye, Roger Cedeno, or Jose Cruz Jr.
Yeaok

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:32 pm

Pineiro's young, he's still developing and he'll definitely have his ups and downs.

If you need an of to start for you, go with Kotsay. He's hot, and he's safe. If, on the other hand, you can afford to let somebody ride the pine and hope they get hot at some point, I'd take Dye on potential.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby krunchyfrogg » Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:38 pm

I just dropped Piniero myself, but it was a choice between dropping him, Mulder, or Hudson.

I decided to go with experience.

I also have Dye on my team, and I like him more than any of the guys you listed above. He seems to be heating up, and he's got the history to do better.

Cruz is definitely an interesting option, though. If he really is heating up (he hit 2 HR yesterday), I'd consider picking him up.
Looking forward to back to back championships in 2011!
krunchyfrogg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby timkell » Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:12 pm

Well, krunchyfrogg, the decision between dropping Pineiro, Hudson, or Mulder is no decision at all. NEVER drop pitchers like Hudson and Mulder!

Even if you've given up on them, trade them. Someone will always take a risk on struggling pitchers who are young and just won 20 games last year! Without experience, Hudson and Mulder are extremely talented pitchers. The competed for the Cy Young last year.

Always keep in mind that even though you may be frustrated with a player's performance, you always need to assess his value objectively. If he's worth something, and you want him off your team, trade him whenever possible.

Good luck with the rest of the season.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby petben » Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:01 pm

I would have chosen Hudson and Mulder over Pineiro, but that being said, I wouldn't drop Pineiro just yet. For some reason he struggles vs TAM. As far as experience is concerned, Mulder has 1 season more than Pineiro and Hudson 2 if I remember correctly. None have a boatload of experience to look back on. Pineiro was really solid down the stretch last year. He has good stuff and pitches for a team that wins a lot of games. I wouldn't drop him if unless I was loaded at SP.
petben
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers