BALCO admits giving steroids... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BALCO admits giving steroids...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:35 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:You take steroids and then tell me how many homers you can hit against MLB pitchers. Try to do it in SBC Park too.

we do not possess barrys bat speed, plate vision, or strength. Steroids dont give you the first 2, but you know and I know that they give you strength. Strength isnt all to hitting homeruns, but it sure helps. Barry used to be a leadoff hitter who hit line drives into the gaps. Now he is a honking armored monster who smashes balls into the Pacific. And he started doing this after the age of 35. If this were a murder trial and there was this much circumstantial evidence already, the defendant would be G-U-I-L-T-Y. Which is how I see bonds.

Um, no, there is not nearly enough evidence to convict him of any crime yet. All we have so far is he said, she said, and the fact that he got better as he aged....not nearly enough!
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Baseballer02 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:38 pm

What I think is funny is that before, Bonds supporters were always "There's no proof he used steroids!!." But now that this has been released, it's now "Well....they weren't banned at the time!!!."
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby jayman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:50 pm

tmoney wrote:I know this is far down the road, but is there a chance these guys get suspended for the year or anything like that? If they are found guilty, wouldnt they be charged with lying before a grand jury? If there is, I might consider trading away Sheff while I still can.

You have nothing to be concerned about. Don't make any decisions thinking they are going to be suspended or sent to jail.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jayman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:51 pm

Huh, where'd that post go? He must have deleted. Oh well.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:58 pm

come on, they gave him steroids, but he didnt use them? Ya, sure. And then little leprachauns and fairies will come and they will do little dances, and everyone will be happy. I stand by my statement that bonds is guilty.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby superm » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:13 pm

Next for Bonds and Bonds supporters will be "I didn't realize I was taking a steroid! I thought they were vitamins!." What hooey. He's a cheater.

And THG is and always has been an illegal substance in baseball. Its an anabolic steroid that was engineered to make it undetectable by common testing methods. Anabolic steroids always have been illegal.
superm

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:16 pm

I dont believe there should be an * bye any records, as has been stated steroids werent against baseball's rules until recently. I know alot of people have an its "agaisnt the law, so its cheating in baseball......." take on it. Baseball is played primarily in the U.S. but draws its talent from the entire world. In many countries where players come from steroids arent illegal, and if they werent illegal in baseball, its kind of hard to point the moral finger. I can gamble all I want 12.5 miles off U.S. water in a boat and the government has no problem with it.

Finally I say there should be no *'s simply because if you dont think MLB as a whole ignored the steroid use for the last 10 years you are just refuseing to face reality. I admit I dont have a smokeing gun that proves several high ups in the MLB community were aware of it, but I have common sense. Baseball could have put their foot down years ago and attempted to regulate it just like the NFL does. It wouldnt have stop it but it could have kept the record books a little cleaner when players got caught years later. Baseball as a whole chose to ignore it, now the records and #'s should stand.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:38 pm

Bukoski77 wrote:I dont believe there should be an * bye any records, as has been stated steroids werent against baseball's rules until recently. I know alot of people have an its "agaisnt the law, so its cheating in baseball......." take on it. Baseball is played primarily in the U.S. but draws its talent from the entire world. In many countries where players come from steroids arent illegal, and if they werent illegal in baseball, its kind of hard to point the moral finger. I can gamble all I want 12.5 miles off U.S. water in a boat and the government has no problem with it.

Finally I say there should be no *'s simply because if you dont think MLB as a whole ignored the steroid use for the last 10 years you are just refuseing to face reality. I admit I dont have a smokeing gun that proves several high ups in the MLB community were aware of it, but I have common sense. Baseball could have put their foot down years ago and attempted to regulate it just like the NFL does. It wouldnt have stop it but it could have kept the record books a little cleaner when players got caught years later. Baseball as a whole chose to ignore it, now the records and #'s should stand.

Decent point except for the fact that Bonds, Giambi and Sheffield are all American.

Giambi is jacked and looks like a monster but I don't feel that he's guilty as much as I do for Bonds. Giambi doesn't hit 70 homeruns or just put on ridiculous displays as Bonds has. Giambi isn't over 35 and still crushing the ball with each swing. Giambi is in his early 30's and hitting just around 40 homeruns. The same is done by Jim Thome, Richie Sexson, Brian Giles, Lance Berkman, and many, MANY more.

Maybe I'm a little partial to Giambi but it doesn't seem like he's that guilty to me.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:39 pm

hmmm ... "Bonds' trainer, Greg Anderson, brought Bonds and several other baseball players to BALCO to obtain drugs at the beginning of the 2003 season."

he hit 73 in 2001 and 46 in 2002, now you don't have to be great at math to figure out that something doesn't add up :-?

so he gets 'roids in 2003 and his hr total goes down from the previos 2 years?
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby hybrid » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:43 pm

ajgdrummer7 wrote:Giambi is jacked and looks like a monster but I don't feel that he's guilty as much as I do for Bonds. Giambi doesn't hit 70 homeruns or just put on ridiculous displays as Bonds has. Giambi isn't over 35 and still crushing the ball with each swing. Giambi is in his early 30's and hitting just around 40 homeruns. The same is done by Jim Thome, Richie Sexson, Brian Giles, Lance Berkman, and many, MANY more.

Maybe I'm a little partial to Giambi but it doesn't seem like he's that guilty to me.

kind of humorous, because Giambi doesn't hit as many hr's that bonds did in only 1 year....he is less guilty. well that's it you sold me because he isn't as good as making contact of course he would be less guilty....
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers