BALCO admits giving steroids... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BALCO admits giving steroids...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:56 pm

It is clear that they gave the athletes the steroids, if it wasnt, then the government wouldn't be searching for evidence that proves it. The accusations are true I believe, I just think its going to take time to put an end to this nonsense.

How's the government's search for Weapons of Mass Destruction going?
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:59 pm

BobbyRoberto wrote:
It is clear that they gave the athletes the steroids, if it wasnt, then the government wouldn't be searching for evidence that proves it. The accusations are true I believe, I just think its going to take time to put an end to this nonsense.

Funny. But, should every government offical go searching for WMD? I don't think so. Someone has to stay behind and try to salvage whatever integrity there is left in baseball.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:04 pm

BobbyRoberto wrote:
Quote:

Funny. But, should every government offical go searching for WMD? I don't think so. Someone has to stay behind and try to salvage whatever integrity there is left in baseball.

I'm just saying that the goverment searching for evidence doesn't prove that there is any. And salvaging the integrity of baseball should be down the list a bit from more important problems in the country. Steroids is an election-year issue that government officials are using to get re-elected. When they hold up the NFL as having a good steroid-testing policy, I laugh. You don't think there are NFL players on steroids?
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby pibb55 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 pm

Maybe Bonds, Sheff and Giambi just had connections to BALCO so they were just hookin their friends up with steroids. :-D Hey ya never know
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tmoney » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:06 pm

I know this is far down the road, but is there a chance these guys get suspended for the year or anything like that? If they are found guilty, wouldnt they be charged with lying before a grand jury? If there is, I might consider trading away Sheff while I still can.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WhiteHot » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:08 pm

You take steroids and then tell me how many homers you can hit against MLB pitchers. Try to do it in SBC Park too.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby afromangettindrunk » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:17 pm

that makes no difference.

steroids = cheating :-t
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:20 pm

WhiteHot wrote:You take steroids and then tell me how many homers you can hit against MLB pitchers. Try to do it in SBC Park too.

That's not the point. There's no denying that Bonds is one of the greatest hitters that has ever played the game. That doesn't make steroid abuse right. The point is that these atheletes have not only broken the law, they have tainted the spirit of the greatest game on Earth.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:25 pm

WhiteHot wrote:You take steroids and then tell me how many homers you can hit against MLB pitchers. Try to do it in SBC Park too.

we do not possess barrys bat speed, plate vision, or strength. Steroids dont give you the first 2, but you know and I know that they give you strength. Strength isnt all to hitting homeruns, but it sure helps. Barry used to be a leadoff hitter who hit line drives into the gaps. Now he is a honking armored monster who smashes balls into the Pacific. And he started doing this after the age of 35. If this were a murder trial and there was this much circumstantial evidence already, the defendant would be G-U-I-L-T-Y. Which is how I see bonds.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:26 pm

I can't wait to see wrveres response to this. :-b
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer