Annoying Yankees announcers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Annoying Yankees announcers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Annoying Yankees announcers

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:20 pm

Not related to fantasy baseball but I'm watching the Yankees-Red Sox game and every fly ball a Yankee hits, the announcer says, "Deeeeeep fly ball" and they haven't hit one to the warning track yet. He needs to shut his stupid mouth.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:22 pm

More likely than not that's biased, unabashed Yankee fan #1 Michael Kay.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KolbSaves » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:23 pm

yankees win thuuhuhuhuhuhuh yankees win
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:29 pm

KolbSaves wrote:yankees win thuuhuhuhuhuhuh yankees win

Actually Kolb that's John Sterling, the radio voice of the Yankees....Kay is the TV guy.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby osb » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:33 pm

most of the time announcers are pretty biased towards the team they're covering... at least he's not going on and on about how great he was like joe morgan
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Location: somewhere in the hillbilly land of southwest Virginia

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:39 pm

Yeah, most announcers are biased but when Giambi hits a routine fly to left, he doesn't need to shout, "DEEEEEEEP fly ball to left by Giambi" like it's heading out of the park. Just chill, Michael.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby JuiceMonkey » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:39 pm

When I lived in NY I was forced to watch the Mets or listen to dead air because I hated listening to Kay so much. Overall, since i got the MLB package I have noticed pretty much all the local announcers are pretty bad... and there is no Jon Miller to tell all the Morgans out there to talk about someone else.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra
JuiceMonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jimhorn888 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:57 pm

osb wrote:most of the time announcers are pretty biased towards the team they're covering... at least he's not going on and on about how great he was like joe morgan

Listening to Morgan is almost as bad as listening to Bill Walton do basketball. Could you imagine the two of them doing a game together...
Walton: "In my days I would have dominated Shaq"
Morgan: "Yeah he definitely has an inside presence but there is no way he could handle my blazing speed and ability to drive the lane"
Walton: "Uh Joe, you played baseball"
Morgan: "so"
jimhorn888
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby osb » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:57 pm

BobbyRoberto wrote:Yeah, most announcers are biased but when Giambi hits a routine fly to left, he doesn't need to shout, "DEEEEEEEP fly ball to left by Giambi" like it's heading out of the park. Just chill, Michael.

this is true, but i remember this guy named harry caray doing the same thing for a fly ball barely making it out of the infield...

besides... does a fly ball have to be a home run for it to be "deep"
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Postby osb » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:07 pm

jimhorn888 wrote:
osb wrote:most of the time announcers are pretty biased towards the team they're covering... at least he's not going on and on about how great he was like joe morgan

Listening to Morgan is almost as bad as listening to Bill Walton do basketball. Could you imagine the two of them doing a game together...
Walton: "In my days I would have dominated Shaq"
Morgan: "Yeah he definitely has an inside presence but there is no way he could handle my blazing speed and ability to drive the lane"
Walton: "Uh Joe, you played baseball"
Morgan: "so"

LMAO... :-b thank the lord for the marv alberts and jon millers of the world...

has anyone noticed that neither of these guys are EVER wrong?

a few years ago, my dad and i were watching the yankees playing the orioles and morgan made the mistake of calling a pitch going on and on about the nasty movement on mussinas fastball when he struck this guy out... they replayed it in slomo about four times and we were like "are you kidding me" mussina was throwing his curve... you could see his fingers above the ball, his hand on the OUTSIDE of the ball instead of behind it, the ball going up and breaking down to the left... but he just kept saying how he has such nasty movement on his fastball.... jackass...
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers