Postby flekk17 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:09 pm

Out of the lineup again today

Anyone know why?
flekk17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:31 pm

I haven't heard anything yet, but as a Kent owner, I'm pretty irritated about it. :-[
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eftda » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:36 pm

It takes two days to wash his truck :-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:39 pm

The more times Jimy benches studs like Kent and Berkman, the more the Astros lose. The more the Astros lose, the better chance Jimy gets fired. If Jimy gets fired, that means Ensberg will probably get more playing time for his new manager, since nobody's stupid enough to start Mike Lamb in a platoon with Ensberg. So all in all, this may be a good thing... :-D
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby oddmanout7 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:49 pm

DENVER -- Including Monday's off day, Jeff Kent will have three days of rest after sitting out the last two games of the Houston Astros' weekend series in Colorado.
The second baseman hasn't played since Friday because of nagging discomfort in his right quadriceps muscle, but he is confident he'll be back in the lineup when the Astros begin a series in Pittsburgh on Tuesday.

"It's not a big deal," Kent said. "Today was just a bonus day because we've been playing so well. We've got a day off tomorrow, so two leads into three. It's a convenient opportunity.

"I can play any day and every day. Jimy's (manager Jimy Williams) chosen to give it a couple days to give it a rest."

Kent missed an exhibition game toward the end of Spring Training with the same quad problem but said later he took the day off only for precautionary reasons. Williams and Kent appear to have the same feeling about this latest setback.

"I gave him off yesterday, we have off tomorrow," Williams said. "Will three in a row help him? I think it's worth a shot to try to help his quad. He can play. It's not a problem. But if I'm ever going to do it, to try to give him three in a row to help that leg, now's the time to do it."

-MLB.com
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pedantic » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:52 pm

He pinch-hit in today's game. Nice going, Jimy. Leave your studs out and lose the game. Way to go, buddy.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby jayman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:52 pm

eftda wrote:It takes two days to wash his truck :-D

As long as he's not riding a motorcycle!
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:06 pm

oddmanout7 wrote:DENVER -- Including Monday's off day, Jeff Kent will have three days of rest after sitting out the last two games of the Houston Astros' weekend series in Colorado.
The second baseman hasn't played since Friday because of nagging discomfort in his right quadriceps muscle, but he is confident he'll be back in the lineup when the Astros begin a series in Pittsburgh on Tuesday.

"It's not a big deal," Kent said. "Today was just a bonus day because we've been playing so well. We've got a day off tomorrow, so two leads into three. It's a convenient opportunity.

"I can play any day and every day. Jimy's (manager Jimy Williams) chosen to give it a couple days to give it a rest."

Kent missed an exhibition game toward the end of Spring Training with the same quad problem but said later he took the day off only for precautionary reasons. Williams and Kent appear to have the same feeling about this latest setback.

"I gave him off yesterday, we have off tomorrow," Williams said. "Will three in a row help him? I think it's worth a shot to try to help his quad. He can play. It's not a problem. But if I'm ever going to do it, to try to give him three in a row to help that leg, now's the time to do it."

-MLB.com

Thanks. ;-D

At least he should be back in the lineup next week. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WhiteHot » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:15 pm

Could've used him at Mile High though.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:18 pm

Yeah those 2 games missed in Colorado killed me.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers