Yahoo team, rate it and I'll love ya forever - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo team, rate it and I'll love ya forever

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo team, rate it and I'll love ya forever

Postby drunkenmonkey » Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:01 am

12 team 5x5 roto

C Piazza
1 Sweeney
2 Castillo
3 Chavez
SS Renteria
OF Ordonez
OF P. Wilson
OF Dunn
UT Kearns
Bench S. Stewart
Bench V. Wells
SP Oswalt
SP Wolf
RP Benitez
RP Williamson
P Beckett
P Lilly
P Radke
Bench Contreras
Bench Looper
Bench Radke
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby guest » Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:35 am

I like your offense, the only weakness you might have is average, and watch Piazza's health early. Lots of folks say he won't make it through this year. Your starting pitching is good, I like Oswalt a lot. Lilly should surprise people this year, and Beckett could come on. Watch Scott Williamson, I live in Cincinnati, and he's the poor man's Billy Wagner. He has his moments where he will get shelled. Radke isn't himself anymore, and Contreras is bound for the pen. Consider moving one of those bats for a stronger closer or starter.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby rotisseriking » Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:17 am

guest wrote:I like your offense, the only weakness you might have is average, and watch Piazza's health early. Lots of folks say he won't make it through this year. Your starting pitching is good, I like Oswalt a lot. Lilly should surprise people this year, and Beckett could come on. Watch Scott Williamson, I live in Cincinnati, and he's the poor man's Billy Wagner. He has his moments where he will get shelled. Radke isn't himself anymore, and Contreras is bound for the pen. Consider moving one of those bats for a stronger closer or starter.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I also like Lilly to breakout and I think Wells will have a very good year too. I'm pretty high on Looper too.
rotisseriking
College Coach
College Coach

Postby drunkenmonkey » Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:10 am

I am in the process of trading Chavez, Radke, and Contrera for Hudson and E. Alfonso. How much does that improve things?
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:52 am

I really like this team. You have great value here from top to bottom, that's the key to winning fantasy leagues.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Danks81 » Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:54 am

I made that last post, wanted to put my name to it.
"I tried to hit a 1,000-foot homer. I went down on the ground and wasn't the same after that."
- Henry Rodriguez
Danks81
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MookieNJ » Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:01 am

Did you notice you have Radke listed twice? :-?

I think you have a solid all-around offense. Your infield is really balanced with Piazza, Sweeney, and Chavez for power and Castillo and Renteria for speed. Your outfield is pretty amazing, with Ordonez, Dunn, and Wilson! Kearns should do fine as long as he is healthy.

You may want to look into adding another starter for pitching depth. Oswalt is great, but he is your only top tier starter. Hopefully for you Beckett and Wolf will have nice seasons, but they are question marks. Radke is a nice guy to have at the end of the rotation, especially since he's on a great team. Lilly is another question mark, but again, plays on a good team. Looper and Contreras are nice guys to have on the bench. I think you definitely need another solid, top tier starter to lend some stability to your rotation.

Please comment on my roster here.
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team