Fransisco Cordero - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fransisco Cordero

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Jury » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:01 pm

jdh wrote:Cordero does look like a stud at closer, the problem being that with Texas' high scoring offense and awful starting pitching, they will be in too many blowouts to give him lots of save opps.

The high-offence-bad-pitching should yield a healthy number of save opps when the Rangers win. And they do actually have a pretty good opps/game average seen here: http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/saves?year=2003

[/url]
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:28 pm

Cordero is the man and trust me the texas rangers pitching will be way better this year under 5.00 i kno on the other hand garcia showed me sumtin against texas h battled his fastball was only like 88-91 but he was throw n a lot of good curveballs n had tha rangers hitters off Cordero yes Cordero will have 40 or more saves this year! trade for him he will be a keeper and a good 1 him and octavio dotel will be the best closers this year 2 of the best newayz
shortround_phat2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby grammysboy » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:46 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:Dont take a chance on Garcia unless you have to. Cordero is very solid.

Exactly! I picked up Freddy last year when he was in the middle of a hot streak. I dropped him three games later after three losses and an ERA over 10. Don't give up a quality reliever for an inconsisitant starter who will break your heart!
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers