Wells/Huff, if you don't have them, do you even want them? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wells/Huff, if you don't have them, do you even want them?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wells/Huff, if you don't have them, do you even want them?

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:36 pm

An owner in my league has both, and I'm pretty sure I could wrestle them away for bargain basement prices. He has lost faith in them, and his bench is clogged with players on the DL like Teixeira and Nomar. He even nearly dropped Huff yesterday, but I stupidly talked him out of it (I may have gotten him off of waivers #4, and the dropping owner is #2)

A week ago, I'd have been psyched to trade for them, but now, I'm not even sure I want either. Would anyone else trade for one/both? I bet he'd trade them both for one good player, to get a good player and clear roster space. Any thoughts?
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:44 pm

i wanted to get huff off a guy before the season and he didnt wanna do it cuz he was too high on the guy - yesterday i offered him david ortiz for huff and he pulled the trigger. i still have alot of faith in the guys, i might jus keep them on the bench til they heat up. everyone in the toronto lineup is stinkin right now so dont feel soo bad..
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Indestructible » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:45 pm

I have Vernon Wells. I'm also my league's most active trader--in other words, I am ALWAYS the one to propose trades. I'd probably jump at the first offer I get for Wells. After his 0-5 today I'm really getting pissed. I think he'll turn it around, but it's tough to make that statement after his daily 0-fer.

So if you think Wells can turn it around, you can probably get him cheap...very cheap.

I'm actually trying to trade for Huff. I've offered Hidalgo straight-up for Huff, but haven't heard back from the other guy yet.
The Indestructible
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Baseballer02 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:07 pm

Well look at it this way. With where they are now, the only way to go is up. I say try to get them while they're cheap. I was more than happy to get Vernon Wells off waivers in one league, I also got Woody Williams in another. ;-D
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby mikcou » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:30 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:Well look at it this way. With where they are now, the only way to go is up. I say try to get them while they're cheap. I was more than happy to get Vernon Wells off waivers in one league, I also got Woody Williams in another. ;-D

I would be happy to get either but who dropped Wells?
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Baseballer02 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:31 pm

mikcou wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:Well look at it this way. With where they are now, the only way to go is up. I say try to get them while they're cheap. I was more than happy to get Vernon Wells off waivers in one league, I also got Woody Williams in another. ;-D

I would be happy to get either but who dropped Wells?

The 3rd place team. I was more than happy to drop Kearns for Wells and have him as my 3rd OF behind Beltran and Manny. :-D
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby WayneBrady » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:41 pm

I have wells on two teams, and if someone came knocking, I'd probably listen. While patience is a virtue, I have other needs on my team to worry about already when a slumping player makes it worse. So if someone offers me something to fill one of my weak position, I'd do it easy.
WayneBrady
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:34 pm

I am thinking about trying to get them! Part of me says that it would be a steal. The other half of me says What if they are a bust? Whould I really want them on my team.
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WayneBrady » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:50 pm

I expect Wells to turn it on at some point, but I had to go pick up Danny Bautista to play his spot since I've benched him right now.
WayneBrady
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kaz » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:18 pm

you guys think huff will turn it around?
kaz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Sweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers