Wrong Forum-ed Messages. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wrong Forum-ed Messages.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wrong Forum-ed Messages.

Postby jpbusta » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:07 pm

Maybe we shouldn't even answer them so they will start to actually post things in the right forum? :-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:10 pm

Its newbies, give em' a break.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:37 pm

a lot of people do it because the other forums don't get too much feedback and it's really annoying to post and not see some kind of answer for a week or so.
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Wrong Forum-ed Messages.

Postby jimhorn888 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:44 pm

jpbusta wrote:Maybe we shouldn't even answer them so they will start to actually post things in the right forum? :-D

That's the problem...noone does answer them unless you post it here. I am new to this site and posted a question about picking up players and also who to add to my pitching staff in the Trader,Keeper,Waiver section. Noone ever answered! See "need advice on pitcher" and "Baldelli/R. White/Guillen/A. Sanchez who has most" posts in the Trader,Keppers... section. Not one reply to either question and that has been 24 hours ago. I posted here and I got an answer. I don't want to misuse the system or stir up controversy but I must ask is the problem newbies posting in the wrong place or more seasoned players not responding if you DO post it in the right place. If I would have received an answer...EVEN 1!...in the other forum I never would have posted my question here. Just a thought.
jimhorn888
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

imo

Postby jpbusta » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:44 pm

I understand that, and I post things in trade forums all the time, I never get answered, but I wait. If we all posted things in this forum, then this forum will just become another trade forum. When I come to this forum, I want to discuss players and learn about events, not talk about trades. Also, them being newbies don't justify their actions. They certainly do know that there is a seperate forum for trades. I just hope the fantasy baseball talk forum doesn't become like another trade forum.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Wrong Forum-ed Messages.

Postby jpbusta » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:48 pm

jimhorn888 wrote:
jpbusta wrote:Maybe we shouldn't even answer them so they will start to actually post things in the right forum? :-D

That's the problem...noone does answer them unless you post it here. I am new to this site and posted a question about picking up players and also who to add to my pitching staff in the Trader,Keeper,Waiver section. Noone ever answered! See "need advice on pitcher" and "Baldelli/R. White/Guillen/A. Sanchez who has most" posts in the Trader,Keppers... section. Not one reply to either question and that has been 24 hours ago. I posted here and I got an answer. I don't want to misuse the system or stir up controversy but I must ask is the problem newbies posting in the wrong place or more seasoned players not responding if you DO post it in the right place. If I would have received an answer...EVEN 1!...in the other forum I never would have posted my question here. Just a thought.

Dude, I feel ya. All my posts in the trade forum always get ignored and yes, it does frustrate me a lot. There's actually a post in the first page that I've been asking for the last two days which hasn't been answered. But that doesn't justify you posting in this forum. I can't really think of a good comparison right now off the top of my head but yea, there are a lot of people in the trade forum who post things, and don't get answered. The best thing that I've seen them do is answer other people's posts in the trade forum and post a link to their own question which seemed to work incredibly well. So, maybe you should try helping others in order to receive some benefits for yourself. Don't worry though, I'm not knockin on you or anything, I do feel ya. :-)
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:36 pm

If you think the trade/keepers/waivers forum is tough, try the bench/start, there's not even any commparison. No one is EVER there, there are page one threads from 3 days ago that aren't answered.

I posted about Eaton @ARZ last night in this forum and got about ten responses in the first half an hour as opposed to 0 I would have gotten there.

I can handle the trade forum, but the bench/start is literally a black hole.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:04 am

Unfortuanately we have a lot more people asking questions then we have answering other's questions. Granted, quite a few questions are asked by new people that might not know the answer to some of the other questions, but very few people take the time to answer someone else's question.

Jpbusta wrote:I just hope the fantasy baseball talk forum doesn't become like another trade forum.

It won't. ;-) We try to stay on top of the situation and move everything to the correct location. Sometimes it takes a little bit, but we try to say on top of it. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby timely » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:16 am

if you keep bumping your post in trade forum, it gets noticed that someone is waiting for an answer and usually someone will help you out if you bump it 2 or 3 times without a reply.
timely

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jayman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:20 am

To be honest I spend most of time in this forum. I rarely check the other ones out. Another cool poll question.

May be a link at the top of this forum to the other forums... make one click to go back and forth instead of two or three.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers