***BuBBA TRAMMEL***** - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

***BuBBA TRAMMEL*****

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

***BuBBA TRAMMEL*****

Postby GUEST » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:22 pm

is he going to start in the OF or DH cuz they got Matsui,Bernie,Mondesi , johnson???? whats going on...thanks

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby MookieNJ » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:32 pm

Trammel will probably rot on the bench in the Bronx as long as everyone is healthy.
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

yeah

Postby rjforlife » Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:28 pm

yeah i think they got trammel just because they are pissed at white for not playing well and to be there in case of injury. he has no value currently.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby timkell » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:17 pm

Nick Johnson will DH. They'd rather let him develop. Trammel is just for the bench.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Nobody but the Fans seem to want "Bubba"

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:47 pm

PEORIA, Ariz. – The Padres were down by nine runs in the ninth inning of a recent Cactus League game. Peoria Stadium was as quiet as an empty cathedral – until the P.A. man intoned the following:
"Batting for the Padres ... Bubba Trammell."
Suddenly, the place was a ballpark. Children and adults hooted and hollered, some shrieked, some even stood and cheered.
"Bubba! Bubba!" they cried.
Bubba Trammell, fan favorite.
"I don't know if it's my name, or what, but everywhere I've been, I've had a lot of fans on my side," said the right fielder, who also has played for the Tigers, Devil Rays and Mets. "It's felt better than being booed. I appreciate that they appreciate my game, and the way I play hard. It's nice to know."

Trammell, 29, isn't holding grudges against a club that guaranteed him $9 million and gave him more playing time than any of his previous clubs.

"My name's been thrown around (in trade talks) ever since I've been in the game," he said. "Every year, it's been something or somewhere. I wouldn't know what it's like if my name wasn't being thrown around. You never know. You can be walking in the door, and then you have to pack your bags." Trammell's salary was destined to soar after the 2001 season. He had produced 25 homers and 92 RBI and was eligible for arbitration, whereby his salary could be pegged to others in his arbitration class.

"With the length of Trammell's swing, a guy like that has to play every day," the scout said. "He's like a lot of power guys in that way."
Trammell, who won't challenge for a Gold Glove, went on to bat .243 with 17 home runs and 56 RBI in 403 at-bats. source: sd union trib.

And this was for an awful team. I figure for the best team 160 mil can buy.. maybe ....maybe 100 AB's in his Yankee career.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Return to Baseball Leftovers