Thoughts on Aurilia? Did he have a off season last year or.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on Aurilia? Did he have a off season last year or..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on Aurilia? Did he have a off season last year or..

Postby annachie » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:10 pm

I was looking to make a trade involving Aurilia. I was going to offer Jose Cabrera and Aurilia for Javier Vasquez. What are you guys thoughts on Aurilia this year, is he due to bounce back or was last year about what we can expect from him? I'm having a hard time judging his worth.
annachie

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Oswalt11 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:48 pm

I personally would not make that trade. I think Aurilia should bounce back to maybe 310-28-100. He's hitting in front of Bonds this year at Bonds' request, that right there ups his BA by about 10-15 points. Plus he had nagging hamstring last year and was never really 100%. Should get a ton of runs hitting in front of Barry, if he gets a hit, he's automatically at second after they walk bonds. Now if any1 can drive him in. I think he should have a big season. Who knows, he could get back to 330-32-120. But then again, i wouldnt count on that.
Buerhle...Colon...Koch... Championship please?
Oswalt11
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yankee715 » Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:24 pm

If you trade Aurillia and Cabrera who do you have at ss? I wouldnt anyway beacause Aurillia had a off year and should raise his numbers a little.
Yankee715
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:56 pm

i agree that he'll do better than last year...but take what oswalt says with a grain of salt...he's throwing a lot of stats at you which may seem impressive, but a hamstring problem?? last year aurilia had some bone chips in his elbow...he had mid season surgery...wasnt quite right all year

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby rotisseriking » Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:05 pm

It all depends on what you need/have to give away. On the surface with what you've given me, I'd so no on the deal. Aurilia should bounce back and be very productive and Cabrera could be a nice sleeper.
rotisseriking
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers