Disappointed Yanks Fan<< - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Disappointed Yanks Fan<<

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Nomar4prez » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:42 pm

jeffc_76 wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Ya, but Varitek, Ortiz, Reese, Mueller, Lowe, Wakefield weren't MVP(Cy Young) type players when we signed them. We "developed" them into better ballplayers when they were on OUR team.

Hmmm....
Arod= MVP
Sheffield= In the running for MVP
Giambi= Same as above^
Brown= Always in the Cy Young race

I could also argue for Vazquez, but his numbers weren't great b/c he played in Montreal. I'm not complaining either, just showing some faults in your argument.

Schilling, Martinez (NL Cy Young), Ramirez, and Foulke were all stars before ever coming to Boston. Damon was pretty close too. Boston plays the same game as NY - trying to win by aggressively pursuing all outlets, and is off to a nice start this year doing just that. You can't have it both ways though and cry foul when NY has done it better.

I agree completely that Boston is second to New York in "buying" their players, but New York, with their $50+ million, can buy another 2-3-4 superstars that Boston can't. We can't keep up with New York no matter how hard we try(in basic talent, not team records :-D .) Thankfully, we've been able to sign some players that have had extremely good years(Ortiz, Mueller, Varitek, and hopefully Reese), for not much money. I almost wish that free agency wasn't as open as it is. I like it when player's come up through the team system, and we, as fans, can watch them develop. But I guess those times are over with :-/
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby afromangettindrunk » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:26 am

when it comes to baseball i live for today...f*ck the past, the present is where its at. go boston!
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby timely » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:58 am

First of all, let me just say that all of you arguing about the yankees killing the league. You all sound like a bunch of whining little children. How old are you guys??? 10? 13??. I cannot remember the last time i`ve read such a load of whiny childish dribble, especially from adults. First af all, the best players dont win championships, the best teams do. The Yankees were lucky to reach the world series last year, and they have been getting creamed this year, so how can anyone argue that they have bought the best team and that the league is unfair.?

As for your team, if your team has no money, no fans, bad coaching or poor management, just don`t start trying to blame other people for your team`s shortcomings.

If you want to have good players on your team, you have to pay them. If the yankees are prepared to pay good playeers what they want to be paid and other teams don`t, then the yankees get the good players. You can hardly expect the yankees to pass up the chance of getting the best players available at every possible opportunity.

I am not a yankees fan, but i just get sick of reading complaining and whining. What the Yankees have done is nothing compared to what the Lakers have done. The Lakers have got the best players, and Malone is getting substantially less than he should, I think that is grossly unfair. But instead of complaining about it like a pussy, I am gonna sit back and watch every team try their hardest to beat them, and my satisfaction will be tripled when I see the Lakers get beaten in the finals by a better team.
timely

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby afromangettindrunk » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:05 am

Go Nuggets
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers