Disappointed Yanks Fan<< - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Disappointed Yanks Fan<<

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby afromangettindrunk » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:05 pm

dont we all.

i dont really mind some of the players on the team, such as arod. even though hes sucking balls this year hes still a good player and hes not a bad guy.

but i do love to see them struggle. ;-D
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PacBellParker » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:08 pm

Anyone ever notice that there are a lot of people who have the Yankees as their favorite baseball team and the Cowboys as their favorite football team?
PacBellParker
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby afromangettindrunk » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:11 pm

yeah it sickens me.

not surprising those two teams have the most championships in their leagues......HMMMMMMMMM :-? 8-o
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Green Monstah » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:15 pm

Boston Red Sox and Oakland Raiders baby! Can't wait to see Gallery get in the Pro Bowl year after year ;-D
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby frog99 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:17 pm

afromangettindrunk wrote:yeah it sickens me.

not surprising those two teams have the most championships in their leagues......HMMMMMMMMM :-? 8-o

and the Lakers are thier favorite Basketball team...
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Disappointed Yanks Fan<<

Postby la dodgers » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:29 pm

ajgdrummer7 wrote:With that, I say YOU SUCK CONTRERAS. Sorry just had to say that. :~(

well while the yanks r struggling with that team u cant really be worried and even if contreas is of to a slow start or mabye will never do good true fans dont get down on there own players being in LA i see alot of it whenever any player is in a little slump but a true fan is always rooting for there players and thinking there going to do great mabye in the back of ur mind u think hes going to not do so hot but u dont go out and say he sucks u may have a diffrent idea of fans but thats just my opinon
go dodgers
la dodgers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thetongueofire » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:14 pm

damn right... most true fans don't really whine when their team's 4th or 5th starter or 2nd baseman is not an a hall of famer :-t
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Zito is God » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:28 pm

I'm a cleveland fan and we have no good players :-D , and I'm not complaining.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jeffc_76 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:37 pm

Couple things:

Yankees kill the league? Last I checked, the league seems to be doing quite well with attendance and revenue at all time highs, and now other teams get to rape us for our revenue as a reward for their own ineffectiveness. If your team happens to be one of those cashing our checks, it's a bit hypocritical to complain.

yea, we have bandwagon fans but so does everyone else, and Yankees haters are notorius for jumping on the wagon of whatever team they think has the best chance of beating us.

I don't think very many fans, at least here, have been whining about much at all. Some of us have expressed some frustration, nothing wrong with that - the team is slumping badly. I still think this team has as good or a better chance than any other to win the WS. I've said Enrique Wilson should not be at 2B. Not because he isn't an all-star but because he is not a major league caliber every day player. We've shown over the years that you can have great success with a cast of good, but not stellar, players. I would rather have that than a gaping hole in the lineup which is what Wilson is. I'm sure this will be addressed either from within or through a trade so I am not worried and I'm not whining.
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thetongueofire » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:14 pm

jeffc_76 wrote: We've shown over the years that you can have great success with a cast of good, but not stellar, players. I would rather have that than a gaping hole in the lineup which is what Wilson is. I'm sure this will be addressed either from within or through a trade so I am not worried and I'm not whining.

not to nitpick but dont you think that the the current Yankees linup (and the whole team prolly)is better than the Yankees of a few years ago... its just that some of the teams that every team in their division has gotten better... and i don't know of Stienbrenner knows this or not- but you can't just go out and buy a player everytime you need one. plus the Yankees have very little trade bait except for Navarro... no one wants Lofton

jeffc_76 wrote:yea, we have bandwagon fans but so does everyone else, and Yankees haters are notorius for jumping on the wagon of whatever team they think has the best chance of beating us.

also the Yankees prolly have more bandwagon fans than all the teams in MLB combined.. in mean i can respect all true fans of any team but those kinda people just piss me off. i bet more than half of the Yankee "fans" can't even name all the teams in the majors and just to make it clear i don't think that there are any significant numbers of "bandwagon Yankee haters".. people who hate/dislike the Yankees do for a reason and not because its fashionable to hate the Yankees
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers