Forum Migration - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Forum Migration

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Forum Migration

Postby paulman8 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:38 pm

We all seem to have migrated to this forum. I think it would be helpful to people who are just here to ask a question or do stuff like that if we were to spread back out to the other forums some more. If you're just posting to view others ideas and write your opinions on others stuff tonight, I think it would be a good idea for you to try to look in some other forums too. I'll give you a place to start...if you want somewhere to go, you can go to the Analyze team section and rate my team...or any of the others who have posted recently to no avail. I just thought Id throw this idea out there so that ya'll could consider it.
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74587
paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Forum Migration

Postby jayman » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:45 pm

paulman8 wrote:We all seem to have migrated to this forum. I think it would be helpful to people who are just here to ask a question or do stuff like that if we were to spread back out to the other forums some more. If you're just posting to view others ideas and write your opinions on others stuff tonight, I think it would be a good idea for you to try to look in some other forums too. I'll give you a place to start...if you want somewhere to go, you can go to the Analyze team section and rate my team...or any of the others who have posted recently to no avail. I just thought Id throw this idea out there so that ya'll could consider it.

Who are you? A moderator?
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:46 pm

I second that notion. I happen to know the value of A-rod (still one of the top 5 players in any format) and Barry Bonds.

When I need help it is in regard to less heralded SS's, 2B's, etc... to round out my backups or cover injuries in competetive $$ leagues.

Last night there where about 5 post regarding Mantei in the Trade/Waivers/Keeper forum.

I inquired about who to drop for John Patterson, ended up dropping Jose Cruz and am comfortable I made the right move, I asked just because I help others there and enjoy the correspondence when I make roster moves on my team.

My inquiry got no response and all the Mantei posts got multiple :-° :-° :-°

Even in twelve team leagues if stop gap middle infielders and 5th rotation SP moves dont factor into your fantasy standings then your league just isnt that competetive.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:48 pm

jayman wrote:
paulman8 wrote:We all seem to have migrated to this forum. I think it would be helpful to people who are just here to ask a question or do stuff like that if we were to spread back out to the other forums some more. If you're just posting to view others ideas and write your opinions on others stuff tonight, I think it would be a good idea for you to try to look in some other forums too. I'll give you a place to start...if you want somewhere to go, you can go to the Analyze team section and rate my team...or any of the others who have posted recently to no avail. I just thought Id throw this idea out there so that ya'll could consider it.

Who are you? A moderator?

No jayman...paulman is not....but most of us who are will agree with him.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:48 pm

I think the problem is that not enough people check the other forums. I know I hate it when I post an urgent trade question and I get 50 views but not 1 response. If everyone went in there once in a while and responded to just a few (including myself) then I bet we wouldn't get so much clutter in this forum.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:54 pm

For the guest posting....I was the one who deleted it....also remember, we do have IP adresses and Cafe' names to go along with them.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby paulman8 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:02 am

no...Im not a moderator...I dont check this site regularly enough to be anywhere near one...I am however, observant enough to notice the numerous posts that go unanswered in other forums, especially those that dont include the names Arod and Bonds as the other guy mentioned. I think its nice to not only check the other forums ocasionally, but also to give responses to people who have none...that really helps everyone out more than just responding to the "Pujols and Giambi for Arod and Sexson" deals. (and yes, I know that I posted on of those types of deals earlier...but Im not condemning them, Im just saying that they get lots of posts. Try to give the others so replies too.
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74587
paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby matmat » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:09 am

sorry.
I am really sorry, but I couldn't resist.

wrong forum.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers