Zito - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Zito

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zito is God » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:31 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Well, I don't see a strong case at all. His K's are greatly declining, his wins are greatly declining, his losses are greatly increasing, he's doing terrible this year with respect to just about everything, and he is allowing many more people to put the ball in play by not being able to strike them out. Just because Tim Hudson can be effective wiht low K's doesn't mean Zito can. His BAA will greatly increase this year unless he learns to K people.

You can frantically search for reasons why he will be fine, such as comparing his previuos seasons' HR allowed and slugging %, but he isn't that good. Just face it. There are many, many pitchers better than him. And plenty who are drafted well after him.

Realistically, here's what I see form Zito this year: 15-13, 3.85 ERA, 1.30 WHIP, 135 K's. Nothing special. He's not the type of guy who will get a lot of K's, or wins, and I don't think his ratios will stay as low as they have in recent years. He's mediocre. Brad Penny, Matt Clement, Carlos Zambrano, Kip Wells, Mark Redman, CC Sabathia, and tons of other SP's will probably put up similar numbers. Yet Zito is seen as an elite SP because he won the Cy Young 2 years ago.......

I really think Penny, Zambrano, Clement and Sabathia will put up better numbers than those. Id rather have these guys than Zito. Zito I think is overrated fantasy wise, but I wouldnt mind having him as a 2nd or 3rd starter on a real baseball team.

You would want Sabathia over Zito?! Now I understand why theres a "L" next to your name.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:43 pm

I think Zito is an extremely good pitcher and, in real life, I would love to have him as my ace or 2nd pitcher. In fantasy, he's not a high K guy, and I don't think he will win over 16 games this season. I have him as my number 2 guy on my staff, and I am extremely pleased with him.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:48 pm

a very unbiased response by "Zito is God" lol. As FOX would say "Fair and Balanced" Well, maybe not Sabathia, but Clement and Penny are strikeout kings. Zambrano is getting better and better. I really dont like Zito as a fantasy pitcher, and Ill give you he may be better than Sabathia, but the gap isnt as much as you would think.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BostonBK7 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:48 pm

Zito is God wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Well, I don't see a strong case at all. His K's are greatly declining, his wins are greatly declining, his losses are greatly increasing, he's doing terrible this year with respect to just about everything, and he is allowing many more people to put the ball in play by not being able to strike them out. Just because Tim Hudson can be effective wiht low K's doesn't mean Zito can. His BAA will greatly increase this year unless he learns to K people.

You can frantically search for reasons why he will be fine, such as comparing his previuos seasons' HR allowed and slugging %, but he isn't that good. Just face it. There are many, many pitchers better than him. And plenty who are drafted well after him.

Realistically, here's what I see form Zito this year: 15-13, 3.85 ERA, 1.30 WHIP, 135 K's. Nothing special. He's not the type of guy who will get a lot of K's, or wins, and I don't think his ratios will stay as low as they have in recent years. He's mediocre. Brad Penny, Matt Clement, Carlos Zambrano, Kip Wells, Mark Redman, CC Sabathia, and tons of other SP's will probably put up similar numbers. Yet Zito is seen as an elite SP because he won the Cy Young 2 years ago.......

I really think Penny, Zambrano, Clement and Sabathia will put up better numbers than those. Id rather have these guys than Zito. Zito I think is overrated fantasy wise, but I wouldnt mind having him as a 2nd or 3rd starter on a real baseball team.

You would want Sabathia over Zito?! Now I understand why theres a "L" next to your name.

Sabathia isn't bad at all. I have both pitchers on my team and honestly right now I would much rather have Sabathia. He's been very consistent while I never know what I'm going to get from Zito. Don't get me wrong, I think Zito will do good this year too and I'm in no way saying he is mediocre because he will be better than that this year.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zito is God » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:51 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:a very unbiased response by "Zito is God" lol. As FOX would say "Fair and Balanced" Well, maybe not Sabathia, but Clement and Penny are strikeout kings. Zambrano is getting better and better. I really dont like Zito as a fantasy pitcher, and Ill give you he may be better than Sabathia, but the gap isnt as much as you would think.

Unbiased at all! :-D

Anyways, I thought you meant in real life. In real life I would take Zito over all the pitchers you have listen, and would love him as my ace. In fantasy, I would take Zito over Sabathia but not over Zambrano, Clement, and maybe even penny (right now, keeper I would go with Zito over penny).

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers