Incredible team, IMO - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Incredible team, IMO

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Incredible team, IMO

Postby paulman8 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:04 pm

Any ideas on what to trade for/who to trade would be great.

Rotiserrie style
Scoring is in following categories: runs, rbis, hrs, sbs, avg., wins, saves, k's, era, and whip.

10 teams
I had first draft pick.

I've made four trades...thats right...4-
Given: Nomar and Michael Young
Received: A. Soriano and Jake Peavy

Given: Rocky Biddle
Received: Johan Santana

Given: Eddie Guardado and Woody Williams
Received: Mariano Rivera

Given: Soriano, Guillen, and Nen
Received: Beltran, Pierre, and Young
Roster:
C-Mike Lieberthal
1B- Richie Sexson
2B- M. Young
3B- V. Castilla (Mora in a few days, Ensberg if he finally heats up)
SS- Alex Rodriguez
OF- Sammy Sosa
OF- Brian Giles
OF- Beltran
Util.- Pierre
Bench- Kenny Lofton (DL)
Bench- Melvin Mora
Bench- Morgan Ensberg

Pitchers:
SP- Tim Hudson
SP- Roy Oswalt
SP- Freddy Garcia
SP- Wade Miller
RP- Mariano Rivera
RP- Jason Isringhausen
P- Mark Buehrle
Bench (SP)- Mike Hampton
Bench (SP)- Jake Peavy
Bench (SP,RP)- Johan Santana

Any assistance wuold be useful...I was wondering how good yall thought it was and who I should trade away for whom. Thanks for any help- Paul
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74587
paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JakeBlues » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:12 am

Your team is solid. You may want to consider upgrading your catcher position by offering Lieberthal and a possibly a starter for a Lopez or a Rodriguez. Lo Duca has been solid as well.
JakeBlues

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby BigWill » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:19 am

not a bad team...I would maybe try trading Brian Giles while he still has some value because I don't think he is going to put up some of his past numbers since he is playing in that big park in San Diego.
and yes another catcher would be a good option...Lo Duca is available in a lot of leagues, but he may have already been nabbed. if so...Then I would try maybe Giles, Leibrathal, and maybe buehrle for like pudge or Jason Kendal...or you may even be able to get javy or posada out of that.
BigWill

Postby magicsox » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:46 pm

solid team. depending on where you are in your standings, maybe ungrading your catcher. but if it aint broke, dont fix it. :-D
magicsox Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby phillyphanatic30 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:27 pm

Solid I don't agree with above...upgrade catcher...I think lieberthal one of best values in the league... This year is a slow start but he will turn it around...he bats for very good average and can't complain about production for a catcher....And I believe will have to give up a lot to get a upper tier catcher since there isn't many out there. Besides he is def. top 5 in the league.
phillyphanatic30

Postby phillyphanatic30 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:28 pm

Solid I don't agree with above...upgrade catcher...I think lieberthal one of best values in the league... This year is a slow start but he will turn it around...he bats for very good average and can't complain about production for a catcher....And I believe will have to give up a lot to get a upper tier catcher since there isn't many out there. Besides he is def. top 5 in the league.
phillyphanatic30

Postby paulman8 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:13 pm

no offense to you phillyfanatic...cuz I think lieberthal's pretty good too...but I dont think that its a good sign for my catcher if the only person who thinks he's good is someone with his team name in their name.
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74587
paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:40 pm

Ok will you take it from a Mets fan (I hate the Phillies)? :-) But he is correct, Lieberthal is a great value at Catcher IMHO and there are only about 5 Catchers I rank above him. Trading up for one of them is probably not worth it especially since people undervalue Lieberthal.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team