What Is With Hidalgo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What Is With Hidalgo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What Is With Hidalgo?

Postby Mark86 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:24 pm

I see Richard Hidalgo is benched again. Of course I started him. Is he hurt or something? I have not read anything about it. I do not see a reason for them to bench him. He was hitting around .430. :,-(
Mark86
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:30 pm

Question... When a player is benched who is in your active lineup, does that day count against your games of eligibility? I'm pretty sure it doesn't, though I just discovered it recently.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Re: What Is With Hidalgo?

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:31 pm

Mark86 wrote:I see Richard Hidalgo is benched again. Of course I started him. Is he hurt or something? I have not read anything about it. I do not see a reason for them to bench him. He was hitting around .430. :,-(

AGAIN!?!?!?!?!?
this is the first game he is getting off in a looooong time. it is only april, they don't want to tire the guy out now... please look at game logs before you post stupid things like this.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:32 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Question... When a player is benched who is in your active lineup, does that day count against your games of eligibility? I'm pretty sure it doesn't, though I just discovered it recently.

No it doesn't count.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:36 pm

I dont know whats up with him, this is the 2nd day in a row he hasnt played. Nothing from news and notes about him... :-/
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mark86 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:37 pm

matmat wrote:!?!?!?!?!?
this is the first game he is getting off in a looooong time. it is only april, they don't want to tire the guy out now... please look at game logs before you post stupid things like this.

It said on yahoo that he was benched either yesterday or the day before also. Gees, I am only going by what I have read. I did not intend it to be a "stupid" question.
Mark86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:56 pm

Mark86 wrote:
matmat wrote:!?!?!?!?!?

It said on yahoo that he was benched either yesterday or the day before also. Gees, I am only going by what I have read. I did not intend it to be a "stupid" question.

1) show me where.
2) Hidalgo Game Log
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Xtreemes » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:02 pm

he's right, this is the first day he hasn't played in awhile. players need days off every once in awhile
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mark86 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:04 pm

I read that and you are right. I was going by what my stat tracker said. Next to his name, it said "bench" a couple of days this week. I guess it could have been a glitch. I thought maybe he could have been injured. I do not know why you felt this was stupid though.
Mark86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:08 pm

do a little research before you post... that's all.
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers