Do I have a corrupt commisioner?!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Do I have a corrupt commisioner?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jeffc_76 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:56 pm

zeppelin77 wrote:The game is not important enough to risk my friendship -- but it obviously speaks of his character. Too bad. thx for the replies.

Your call, but I wouldn't have any interest in maintaining a friendship with a cheater.
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:57 pm

your friend is a total jerk and I would reconsider your friendship if he has the desire to cheat at fantasy baseball. Just my .02 cents.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby John Bonzo » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:58 pm

Personally, i would never play in this league again. I also think i would set my lineup to be the best possible and quit checking on the league. A league with a commissioner like that does not deserve your time; there are plenty of good fair, honest, and fun leagues out there.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GucciBaseballs » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:01 pm

I am pretty sure I know what happened

In yahoo leagues under the my team page there is a link called edit my team info

If you click on this link you can change your name etc. Also there is a yes or no option for whether you can allow the commish to edit your team

The deadbeat team probably head it clicked to yes, so you commish proposed the trade and accepted it all by himself.

I guess your commish thinks he is sly :-t
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zeppelin77 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:12 pm

GucciBaseballs wrote:I am pretty sure I know what happened

In yahoo leagues under the my team page there is a link called edit my team info

If you click on this link you can change your name etc. Also there is a yes or no option for whether you can allow the commish to edit your team

The deadbeat team probably head it clicked to yes, so you commish proposed the trade and accepted it all by himself.

I guess your commish thinks he is sly :-t

That's what I thought too. But like someone pointed out earlier, I think trades need to be accepted by both managers (commissioner cannot intervene).
zeppelin77
T-Ball Trainer

Postby ponson's poor toilet » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:21 pm

Since no money is involved, I'd simply drop all my players on waivers and stop playing. Simple as that. Why waste your time on this garbage?
ponson's poor toilet
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rkiivs » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:55 pm

Well, I'm probably going to get thrown into the fire quicker than you can say 'hey, go pick up Matt Riley out of FA right now!' but here goes.

Zep, if I were you I would try to have a face to face talk with him then maybe he'll just come clean. You may be surprised how people react under subtle peer pressure. If it's indeed a friendship then it's worthwhile to try and work this out honestly. He may not understand that he will not win anything out of this, and ironically, he has more to lose by doing this. Sure, any way you spin it it's uncool, but you never know until you make the attempt.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby pa_tater » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:24 pm

if you spend your time reading and posting here, then you obviously have more than one team. It is time to cut your losses and bail on the cheating commissioner and enjoy your 'other' leagues.

Next year, comb the 'classifieds' for people looking to fill up private leagues. Couple years ago, dude in my league duped someone out of Helton for a bunch of 'hacks' very early in the season and everyone basically wasted their time playing 'catch up'. Don't waste your time. He cheated.
pa_tater
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers