what do you do... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

what do you do...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KolbSaves » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:51 pm

great gretzky wrote:it would be nice if yahoo divided up leagues by age. i swear I am in one public league where some of the players must be too young to be able to think fo complex strategy. Like arod is not worth bonds, orlando cabrera and billy wagner. I got offered that actually.

I will just use the forum classifieds next year.

that trade doesn't look too bad to me
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:54 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:next year im creating 4 private fun leagues on yahoo, free but competive. If you are interested, pm me when we get to next year. It'll be in the classifieds btw.(Ill do the same for football too) Anyways your situation sort of sucks. But you have to make the best of it. Pick up as many as you can.

Be sure to PM me when this rolls around. ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby great gretzky » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:55 pm

well I don't personally think arod is worth all that. cabrera and bonds yea, but wagner too? no. at some point scarcity is moot. Arod is not going to outperform bonds by soo much imo as to throw in a top option at short and possibly a top two closer. no thanks.

I should add that i was being offered arod... If I had him, I woudl certianly take it.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mtarail » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:46 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:next year im creating 4 private fun leagues on yahoo, free but competive. If you are interested, pm me when we get to next year. It'll be in the classifieds btw.(Ill do the same for football too) Anyways your situation sort of sucks. But you have to make the best of it. Pick up as many as you can.

PM me on that too, Cubs.

I agree with everyone else. I'd add that this isn't limited to public leagues. I'm in a private league where a certain owner (and cafe "contributor") had a coniption and dumped his entire roster, ruining the league and forcing everyone else to join a new league with an entirely new draft.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rkiivs » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:06 pm

mta, two n's in 'conniption'. Believe me, I had to look it up after I thought you made up a new word. Btw, I'm guessing you somewhere in NYC?
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:10 pm

mtarail wrote:

PM me on that too, Cubs.

I agree with everyone else. I'd add that this isn't limited to public leagues. I'm in a private league where a certain owner (and cafe "contributor") had a coniption and dumped his entire roster, ruining the league and forcing everyone else to join a new league with an entirely new draft.

ok ill remember. You want in on the football too? Ill be patrolling those forums as 34=Sweetness. Speakin of football i think i gonna swing on over there.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mtarail » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:14 am

I'm not from the Bronx, but I've been there.

Cubs--Yeah, please LMK if you do a football league.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers