Last place and wondering why - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Last place and wondering why

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Last place and wondering why

Postby Gman60173 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:32 pm

OK, we are in a 10 team Yahoo head to head league and I am in last place. We start 1 at each position player, 3 OF and 1 util plus 2 SP 2 RP and 2 P. I know my pitching is week, but even my offenses reeks right now. What should I do? I just dropped F. Thomas and H. Nomo for J. Kennedy and M. Lawton. SHould I make some trades or hold tight and wait for Giambi, Soriano, and either of my 3rd basemen to start hitting? Also, pitching is hard to come by in our league so anyone think of an easy fix for my roster?

Yahoo Private Work League

C - C. Johnson & M. Lieberthal
1st - J. Giambi 2nd - A. Soriano
ss - O. Cabrera 3rd - J. Crede & M. Ensberg
OF - C. Lee, M. Ordonez, J. Dye, V. Wells & M. Lawton

SP - T. Glavine, J. Santana, J. Garland, M. Riley, J. Kennedy, & B. Radke

RP - U. Urbina, J. Nathan, & E. Guardardo
Gman60173
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jacobieolin713 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:38 pm

ok wow!!! y did u drop thomas and nomo? they are great fantasy players or at least way better tha u can find on the waiver wire. who cares if they didnt do good in the first 2 weeks. THE FIRST 2 WEEKS OF THE SEASON MEAN NOTHING!!!!! Most of the guys that r shining will slowly dim down and do nothing. pick thomas and nommo back up. ok now secondly, ur 3rd basemen suck ,no offense, see if u could add castilla from the waiver wire he will help u. Ur pitrching isint horrible its bad but its not horrinble. drop j kennedy and add nomo and glavine or benson if they r still in the waiver wire. Lastly, DROP URBINA, u have no neeed for him. hes not even the saves guy yet. see if mesa, looper, graves, chacon, rhodes, or kolb r in the fa so u can add one of them. They are all quality closers.

plz rate my team its called best overall team ever

"Lifes a Garden, Don't be a Hoe."
Jacobieolin713
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Blind Squirrels » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:22 pm

I would look elsewhere at 3b. I picked up Beltre on waivers in my league - same format as yours. Yes, it is only April and he won't keep it up, but Ensberg has been platooned 2 times already for Lamb, so that was it for me. It is also curious to me that he skipped 2 games I believe in late March for "personal reasons" and now he's having a slow start and is losing PT. Or that could be the conspiracy theorist in me coming out.
I've got Giambi as well and he'll come around. See if you can get Thomas back.

10 team H2H 10 x 10 non keeper
C Kendall PIT
1B Giambi NYY
2B Boone SEA
SS Matsui NYM
OF Beltran KC, Ordonez CHW, Podsednik MIL,
3B Beltre LA
UTIL Millar BOS
BN Reyes NYM, Jones ATL, Mueller BOS
SP Wood CHC, Clemens HOU, Loaiza CHW, Santana MIN, Padilla PHI
RP Nathan MIN, Looper NYM, Cordero TEX
"There's something happening, and you don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Jones?"
Bob Dylan
Blind Squirrels Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mykdogg241 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:43 pm

Your pitching is not good. Try to get Nomo back. Dump Ensberg, give Crede a chance, but get Beltre if possible. In H-to-H I like closers alot so upgrade Urbina.
I Love Blue Cheese
"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did. "
mykdogg241
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby la dodgers » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:41 am

u have no pitching pitching is half the points i dont care how stacked ur line up is
go dodgers
la dodgers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Last place and wondering why

Postby Pedantic » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:57 am

Gman60173 wrote:F. Thomas and H. Nomo for J. Kennedy and M. Lawton

No wonder you're in last place. WTF did you do that for?! I agree with the pitching you have, you're just asking for last place. Easy fix? Well, I dunno, how easy are lobotomies?
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Gman60173 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:01 am

OK, why don't you guys tell me how you really feel/ 8-o

The reason I moved Thomas off my team was because I figured with Giambi at First and no real spot for Thomas to play, he is just eating space on my bench, so wouldn't it make more sense to get someone that has a better chance to play for me.

As for Nomo, yes he has wins this year but his ERA is over a 6. I know he was good last year, but what about the year before? I trust you guys know more about this than me, but doesn't it make any sense to go with someone that may have a break out season especially when Nomo is not pitching very well at all?

Now try and hold back the overly critical comments. I am by no means a fantasy baseball manager, and this league is just for fun anyway (no money is on the line). I know baseball but not like you guys do. I really prefer hockey, but like I said its a for fun league at work. I made a few changes yesterday after a couple of the posts. ..

I dropped Urbina and picked up Benson. I dropped M. Riley and picked up J. Mesa, and I dropped Ensberg and picked up S Burroughs.

I will try to get Thomas and Nomo back, but would prefer it if someone could tell me where I can play thomas and why I should pick someone with a 6 era over someone like Kennedy or Radke. Thanks for the helpful comments.
Gman60173
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team