Twins' Hunter suffers setback - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Twins' Hunter suffers setback

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Twins' Hunter suffers setback

Postby WebHamster » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:00 am

Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Minnesota Twins centerfielder Torii Hunter, originally scheduled to come off the disabled list on Thursday, will be out a little longer than anticipated.

Hunter, on the 15-day DL with a strained right hamstring, experienced tightness in his leg after a tune-up session held prior to Wednesday's 11-8 loss to Detroit.

The 28-year-old Gold Glove outfielder ran around the bases at full speed during Wednesday's batting practice in anticipation of his Thursday return, but said his leg stiffened up after the workout.

Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said Hunter will be day-to-day pending more treatment on the hamstring.

Hunter suffered the injury while rounding the bases on April 6 against the Cleveland Indians. In the first two games of the season, Hunter was 4-for-11 with an RBI.

Lew Ford, who was called up to replace Hunter, has been red-hot since his insertion in the lineup. Ford is batting .444 (16-for-36) with two home runs and 12 RBI in 10 games thus far on the season. He is currently riding a seven- game hit streak, with a .565 average over the span.

Last season for the Twins, Hunter batted .250 with 26 homers and 102 RBI in 154 games. He has captured a Gold Glove in each of the last three years and was an All-Star in 2002.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 717)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:11 pm

I wish I had picked up Lew when I had a chance - I just kept thinking that any day Torii will be back so why waste the $$.
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby LBJackal » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:42 pm

Maybe if Torii Hunter concentrated on rehab instead of making McDonald's commercials he wouldn't be on the DL so long :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Injuries & Player Updates