99 Pitches for Hudson... why take him out? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

99 Pitches for Hudson... why take him out?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

99 Pitches for Hudson... why take him out?

Postby osb » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:01 am

... yes, i'd like to get the extra points since he's on my team, but why not just leave him in there?
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: somewhere in the hillbilly land of southwest Virginia

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:03 am

why would you? this is rhodes' job, to come in and shut it down :-)

also can any1 tell me what rhodes is hitting on the gun with his fastball?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Spartans Rule » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:06 am

With Ibanez and Olerud coming up they have thought it better to go with the lefty Rhodes.

It is still early in the year and most managers are overly cautious with their starters.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby osb » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:07 am

so the only time a pitcher should get a complete game is when they are up by more than three runs?
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Postby osb » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:08 am

thank you spartans... that does make sense
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:19 am

osb wrote:so the only time a pitcher should get a complete game is when they are up by more than three runs?

no but when you have given up 4 runs on the night, and its against a team in your division where every game counts alot, then goto your fireman. If hudson had given up 3 runs and was nearly untouchable then yeah, but they were starting to see him...
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby osb » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:27 am

i see your point rynman... and like i said, i own him, so i'm already biased, but if i remember correctly, rhodes got lit by the mariners once this season... i didn't see the game... all i saw was the highlight where hansen hit the bomb off him... to me it looked like he made one bad pitch...
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:32 am

Because they're being smart. Sure they could be like the Marlins and Cubs and leave their guys in until their arms fall off. But look at the Marlins: Burnett out for the year, manager fired due to keeping pitchers in too long. Kerry Wood gets TJ surgery, Prior might be out for the year.

I can't blame Oakland for any decision they make with their pitchers, since Zito, Hudson, and Mulder's arms have been healthy due to using them properly.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:33 am

osb wrote:i see your point rynman... and like i said, i own him, so i'm already biased, but if i remember correctly, rhodes got lit by the mariners once this season... i didn't see the game... all i saw was the highlight where hansen hit the bomb off him... to me it looked like he made one bad pitch...

point taken. and i guess the reason i am arguing for rhodes is cuz he is one of my closers! :-D

....and after billy wagner blew a save today he was all i had :~(
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby osb » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:42 am

RynMan wrote:
osb wrote:i see your point rynman... and like i said, i own him, so i'm already biased, but if i remember correctly, rhodes got lit by the mariners once this season... i didn't see the game... all i saw was the highlight where hansen hit the bomb off him... to me it looked like he made one bad pitch...

point taken. and i guess the reason i am arguing for rhodes is cuz he is one of my closers! :-D

....and after billy wagner blew a save today he was all i had :~(

lol... so you see where i'm coming from in wanting the CG... ;-D

i kow they're being smart elBJ... to me it just seemed like they'd keep a pitcher in for more than 99 pitches... maybe i'm just used to seeing dusty leave his guys in for 130, 140, whatever, as long as they're "still throwing hard" as he'd say... !+)
osb
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers