To all the Riley wagoneers. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

To all the Riley wagoneers.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:25 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Guys.......Let's try to keep this discussion mellow. The bottom line is that we are all looking for this year's Dontrelle or Webb.

Please refrain from namecalling so that we can keep this thread open.

Thanks, I was looking for a moderator to get into this. This is a place for knowledge, advice, and the occasional joke or sarcastic message to be shared. The occasional heated debate is okay, but the namecalling has me outraged, although it was just some petty stuff.

I agree and my statement was aimed at the 2 of you as well as anyone else that might want to join in.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Baseballer02 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:26 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Guys.......Let's try to keep this discussion mellow. The bottom line is that we are all looking for this year's Dontrelle or Webb.

Please refrain from namecalling so that we can keep this thread open.

Thanks, I was looking for a moderator to get into this. This is a place for knowledge, advice, and the occasional joke or sarcastic message to be shared. The occasional heated debate is okay, but the namecalling has me outraged, although it was just some petty stuff.

I agree and my statement was aimed at the 2 of you as well as anyone else that might want to join in.

BTW Lofunzo, you have a pm.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Danimal » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:28 pm

Lofunzo, I must disagree with you quotable moniker. There are some really bad beers out there. Bad beer is like bad women. They ain't so bad at 2 a.m.

8-o
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:31 pm

Danimal wrote:Lofunzo, I must disagree with you quotable moniker. There are some really bad beers out there. Bad beer is like bad women. They ain't so bad at 2 a.m.

8-o

Maybe I should change it to include after 2 A.M. That might be more accurate. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Baseballer02 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:33 pm

IMO, all beer sucks. :-t
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:41 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:IMO, all beer sucks. :-t

HUH?? 8-o 8-o
Lofunzo

Postby franklinsauce » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:21 am

And no, I did not start Riley. :-P
franklinsauce
College Coach
College Coach

Postby josebach » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:39 am

Ok, Riley sucked it up and probably cost me ERA and WHIP for the week... so what. The most fun I've had yet this year playing fantasy baseball was jumping on Riley's bandwagon. Not only that, but if Riley would have pitched a shutout, don't you think all us wagoneers would be talking smack? Of course we would. That's part of the fun. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

BTW I dropped Riley to pick up Piniero. !+)
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby InfinityJones » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:35 pm

I watched Riley's start and I would like to point out a few things:

He certainly did not have his best stuff. Despite not having his A-game, he consistantly threw his curveball for strikes, and made Cruz Jr look stupid on a two strike change.

The first three runs were really cheap in my opinion. There were two balls that Mora should have had at third except he was positioned poorly (how does he let a pull hitter get a ground ball between him and the line?). Thre were a couple of line drives through the right side that Palmeiro and Roberts might have had on another day as well.

There were two double play balls (one a potential inning ender) that ended up being single outs.

The Baldelli home run caught some gale force jet stream and carried out to center field. Riley actually made a good pitch, low in the zone, and from TV it didn't look like Baldelli got a good swing on it. Ironically both Roberts and Palmeiro gave it a good whack to right center and theirs were caught on the warning track.

Now he did walk a bunch of guys, and Tino flat out crushed his homer. But at that point I don't think Riley's head was in it anymore. Remember that the orioles were busy gettting no-hit by Paul Abbot while Riley was in the game.

Just some thoughts. He's got to learn to pitch without his best stuff at some point. It is still April.
Go Sens!!.
InfinityJones
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby flowbee » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:47 pm

I will still keep an eye on him, but Eaton was on waiver so I had to drop him
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext