sporting news top 50 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

sporting news top 50

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

sporting news top 50

Postby tal1286 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:15 pm

I don't have the complete list but I do know this.
1. a-rod
2. bonds

I am stunned to be honest. I believe that unquestionably bonds is the best player in baseball, and is rapidly approaching ruth (not to start this argument again, i do believe ruth will always be better). ON sportscenter tonight they had a stat that bonds has only swung and missed at 7!!!! pitches all year!!!! If you play or know baseball you will understand how truly incomprehensible that is. He is far and away better than A-rod. Also, in the poll, one of the 30 MLB Gms said that bonds was the 13th best player in the bigs. that guy must run the D-rays cause he is a frickin idiot.

well, theres really no point in this post other than to say how good bonds is. he's gonna hit .400. his OBP is up around .800!!!!

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:19 pm

I'm not too surprised. ARod is much better defensively and is much more durable.

If the question was "Who is the best hitter" than yeah, it obviously goes to Bonds. But "best player" is open to debate.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:19 pm

and when 6 years from now when he admits to Sports Illustrated he took steroids just like Caminiti did, he'll be one of the most hated men in baseball history. Either that or Bonds tests positive sometime during the season. If you cant tell Im very suspicious of Bonds. Nobody hits homeruns like that when hes nearly 40!
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:23 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:and when 6 years from now when he admits to Sports Illustrated he took steroids just like Caminiti did, he'll be one of the most hated men in baseball history. Either that or Bonds tests positive sometime during the season. If you cant tell Im very suspicious of Bonds. Nobody hits homeruns like that when hes nearly 40!

Nobody has a face as big as Bonds.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:28 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:and when 6 years from now when he admits to Sports Illustrated he took steroids just like Caminiti did, he'll be one of the most hated men in baseball history. Either that or Bonds tests positive sometime during the season. If you cant tell Im very suspicious of Bonds. Nobody hits homeruns like that when hes nearly 40!

big talk from a fan who saw his power hitter have a cork in his bat, but everyone loves sosa so it's ok right? now i'm not saying he used it in more then that one at bat, but you don't know about bonds either. so maybe you shouldn't point the finger so much until there is actual evidence.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BiggityBaseball » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:38 pm

Just so everyone knows about this scumbag...
Long story short, bonds' head has been growing since his early thirties. Since normal people's bones dont grow this late in life it means he's taking growth hormones. Lifters take growth hormones to stregthen their bones, tendons & ligaments to support the insane and unnatural ammount of muscle they are putting on.

Cant prove that he's taking steriods, but unless he lives near chernoble in the offseason he definetely took hormones.

He's a freak !! !+)
-Biggity
BiggityBaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby frog99 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:14 pm

check the team media guides he has put on 45 pounds since his rookie year. And most of it since the age of 34. Nobody, and i mean nobody (even in this age of technology), puts on 45 pounds of muscle when most guys are retiring.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:09 am

bleach168 wrote:I'm not too surprised. ARod is much better defensively and is much more durable.

If the question was "Who is the best hitter" than yeah, it obviously goes to Bonds. But "best player" is open to debate.

Last 4 years, Bonds has been the best player easily. Only last year was Pujols close. Arods edge in defense doesn't make up for Bonds huge edge in hitting. Bonds wins big in OPS+, runs created/27, VORP, win shares, which factors defense. Bonds is clearly the best player. Arod i would rank 3rd.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby trippinonreality » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:19 am

are we tallking about steroids or THG? I don't think bonds ever took roids but I do think he took THG which wasn't illegal until this past year. Immoral yes illegal no but then again how immoral are cortisone shots or the 20 other drugs they shoot into these horses to keep them bringing in the bucks. In any case there is no way you can dispute bonds' innate baseball ability.

BTW it is well documented that baseball players have abused substances since the beginning of the game it may not have been noted that it was steroids but you tell me which is worse illicit narcotics or naturally produced hormones? Not that I would prefer either but if I had to pick one I would much rather my kid follow a guy who took medically supervised performance enhancers than someone who abused narcotics. That hall of fame that we visit is full of characters that are far less honorable than mister Bonds they just happen to be more likeable.
trippinonreality
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers