i am kind of new at this... wondering how my team is??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

i am kind of new at this... wondering how my team is???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

i am kind of new at this... wondering how my team is???

Postby wisconsin92 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:49 pm

i am in a yahoo head to head league and i was wondering how good of a team i really have. i have done fantasy baseball before, but i would really like to start getting serious and maybe move up to the next level. any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. here is my team. :-?

c- paul lo duca
1b- hee seop choi
2b- jose vidro
3b- mike lowell
ss- david eckstein
of- sammy sosa
of- ichiro suzuki
of- juan pierre
util- christian guzman
bench- frank catalanotto(lf,2b,1b), adrian beltre(3b), damian miller(c), brad wilkerson(cf,lf,1b)

sp- bartolo colon
sp- kerry wood
sp- mark prior
sp- josh beckett
sp- john lackey(bench)
rp- kelvim escobar
rp- jason isringhausen
rp- byung-hyun kim(** heard rumurs of being a sp??)

from what i have gotten from yahoo and other places on the internet it appears i have a good team, but i am thinking i am weak at 3b, rp, and maybe middle infield. like i said any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
cubs fan for life.
wisconsin92
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:10 pm

All in all you've got a decent team depending on how many teams are in this league.Your 3b situation is fine Beltre is much hyped but had a good second half last year (after an apendectomy) and has much potential.Lowell is pretty good and much wanted around the league and could be traded to a contender by the all star break if he stays healthy (he's had some recent back trouble but should be okay) so I would sit on these.You could use relief help depending on the scoring of your league,Isringhausen won't be enough Byung IS going to be a starter probably with some good K potential.I think you could use another outfielder and lose Pierre unless steals are a big factor for you.Your middle infield is okay but mostly contact hitter types you might want to shop for a little more power.Don't break up your SP.If you want more help you might want to give us more details on your league...

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:10 pm

You might want to improve on your first baseman.There has to be better options on the wire.Your pitching is solid and you have a well balanced offence.So far Kim has been pitching well in the spring.The question is can he go 200 innings and will the hitters figure him out by seeing him three times a game instead of once or twice during a series.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:13 pm

regarding pierre , with him and ichiro you've got steals for the rest of the year.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

what kind of info would you need?

Postby wisconsin92 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:All in all you've got a decent team depending on how many teams are in this league.Your 3b situation is fine Beltre is much hyped but had a good second half last year (after an apendectomy) and has much potential.Lowell is pretty good and much wanted around the league and could be traded to a contender by the all star break if he stays healthy (he's had some recent back trouble but should be okay) so I would sit on these.You could use relief help depending on the scoring of your league,Isringhausen won't be enough Byung IS going to be a starter probably with some good K potential.I think you could use another outfielder and lose Pierre unless steals are a big factor for you.Your middle infield is okay but mostly contact hitter types you might want to shop for a little more power.Don't break up your SP.If you want more help you might want to give us more details on your league...

the stats that are posted are as follows:

h/ab
r
hr
rbi
sb
avg

for pitching:

ip
w
sv
k
era
whip

**must have a minimum of 7 innings pitched.
cubs fan for life.
wisconsin92
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

trades??

Postby wisconsin92 » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:31 pm

are there any certain trades i should try to get a little better of an overall team. thanks for any advice. ;-D
cubs fan for life.
wisconsin92
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

no possible trades???

Postby wisconsin92 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:19 pm

i know people have looked at my team, and i have a hard time believing that there isn't some sort of trade i could try for to better my team in some way, shape, or form. i am just looking for some feedback on what some of you would do. thanks for any input any of you give. !+)
cubs fan for life.
wisconsin92
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby drunkenmonkey » Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:10 am

Kind of hard to suggest a trade because you are pretty evenly spread. You can't really afford to lose a SP or Outfielder. I would work on a 1st baseman in a trade though. Maybe trade Prior for a slugging 1st baseman and try to pick up a decent pitcher off the wire. I assume yours is a twelve team league, so pitchers like Lilly, Rogers, Dessens, Radke might still be available. Definitely start Beltre at utility over Guzman or pick up another outfielder. Usually, even an average outfielder like Jay Payton or Jermaine Dye will do better at the utility position than any shortstop (other than the top few). Look for sleepers at outfield too, like Austin Kearns (if he can be called a sleeper).
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team