Nomar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nomar

Postby Chicago » Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:38 am

I swear, if Nomar doesn't have a great year this year, I'm going to go completley nuts. I should know better than to draft a Red Sox, the whole team is cursed. I can just sense Babe Ruth's ghost weakening all of the Red Sox best platyer's ligaments so they're nice and brittle. And I bet the question of Nomar's wrist may keep him from stealing--can't have him sliding in face first.
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Mar 14, 2002 5:40 am

Even if Nomar does have a great year, he'll drive many of his owners nuts worrying about his wrist... You're right, he won't steal much this year (10-15 steals sounds realistic), but the rest of his stats should make up for that.

As for the curse of the Red Sox, it'll be interesting to see what chapter will be added to that story this year...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PresHabib » Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:36 pm

Arlo wrote:Even if Nomar does have a great year, he'll drive many of his owners nuts worrying about his wrist... You're right, he won't steal much this year (10-15 steals sounds realistic), but the rest of his stats should make up for that.

As for the curse of the Red Sox, it'll be interesting to see what chapter will be added to that story this year...

Consider this a BUMP

I was just leafin through REALLY old posts and came across this one. You were close Arlo on Nomar's 10-15 steals, he wound up with 19.

However...when all has been said and done, it DOES seem quite interesting that in the season you said "itll be interesting to see what chapter will be added to that story this year", Red Sox fans experienced what seriously must be a top 5 worst chapter behind pretty much only Buckner, Bucky bleeping Dent, and the selling of Babe Ruth.

Sorry, I just found that twistedly ironic. Perhaps when the wounds are healed I may actually find HUMOR in it :*) Right now though I still feel all !+) :~(
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers