My first live draft ever....I'll rate YOUR team, too - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My first live draft ever....I'll rate YOUR team, too

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My first live draft ever....I'll rate YOUR team, too

Postby Bloody Nipples » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:23 pm

This is my team. I think its pretty good, but there is always a move to make....

MY ROSTER:
(12 team H2H League)

BATTERS: R, H, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG
C: Estrada (dropped when Mauer returns)
1B: Konerko (IF when Tex returns)
2B: Jose Vidro
3B: M Cabrera
SS: Cintron (bench when Reyes returns)
IF: Beltre (Util when Tex returns)
OF: Beltran
OF: Berkman
OF: Bibbons
OF: Dye
Util: Hafner
Util: Redman
BN: Teixeira (DL)
DL: Mauer
DL: Reyes

PITCHERS: W, CG, SHO, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB
(3 SP, 2 RP, 3 P)
SP: M Mussina, J. Santana, Wood, Willis, Riley, Moyer, Washburn
Closers: Kolb, Herges, Cordero
Setup: Worrel, Fox

The only spots I see as possible problems are closer (if Herges struggles) and SS (if Reyes cant stay at 100%). Other than that, I believe I have the second best pitching in my league (maybe 1st if Prior stays out long enough, and Herges doesnt falter), and hitting that is competitive now, and pretty solid when my injured young guys come back.

Please give reasons for any moves I should make, and give somewhat detailed comments. No one- or two-word answers. :-t

Thanks for your help. ;-)
Last edited by Bloody Nipples on Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:35 am

Somebody, please let me know if I am completely dissolusioned!
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby timely » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:51 am

I just can`t do it. To me, it is almost flawless. Every single one of those guys is gonna set it on fire this year, especially Willis and Reyes. I doubt anyone could be too critical of that line up.

Well done, wish my team was half as insightful.

Ooops, forgot to mention we both have Kolb, the sky is the limit for him as far as I am concerned.
timely

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tmyanks24 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:50 am

You might want to go after another bat. Nothing huge, just a reliable guy in one or two categories. Not sure if you're planning to hold onto Hafner for the whole year, or are just riding his streak. If it's the latter, disregard this. But if you were planning on him being on your roster all year long, I would suggest trying to deal Washburn or Moyer for a nice hitter.
tmyanks24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby timely » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:35 am

I must disagree on those suggestions, if it aint broke dont fix it. This is an extraordinarily well balanced and talented team,, i really dont see any question marks...maybe reyes a little
timely

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:04 pm

I would like another solid hitter, having just given up Chavez (in package which brought me Cabrera and Willis) and Kaz Matsui (in package with Benitez which brought me Wood and Kolb). The problem is I am not willing to give up my top 4 pitchers (Wood, Santana, Mussina, Willis), and the guys in my league undervalue Moyer because of his age. I will try to shop him around though, maybe package him with Reyes for a solid SS. What could I get for those two?
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:36 pm

Any other suggestions?
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bloody Nipples » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:11 am

Would Worrel for Dunn be a good idea?
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MushuCrew » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:50 am

Worrell for Dunn is sweet. He's my comeback player of the year this year (Konerko for the AL). Redman and Riley are your only weak spots that I would perhaps use to interchange with hot players. Estrada is solid, watched several Braves games so far and the kid can definitely hit.
MushuCrew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:15 am

Bloody Nipples wrote:I would like another solid hitter, having just given up Chavez (in package which brought me Cabrera and Willis) and Kaz Matsui (in package with Benitez which brought me Wood and Kolb). The problem is I am not willing to give up my top 4 pitchers (Wood, Santana, Mussina, Willis), and the guys in my league undervalue Moyer because of his age. I will try to shop him around though, maybe package him with Reyes for a solid SS. What could I get for those two?

great trade to get wood and kolb! and also for willis and cabrera! I dont really think you need another big bat, and i jus noticed its a 12 team league which makes this team look even better! Great starters apart from Riley (haha i got caught up in him too! til today) and washburn. I would probably tend to jus spot start guys in their place. or at least washburn cuz i dont ike him at all. I think closing might be an issue. u just have some unproven guys there and if it were me i would probably try and package moyer and probably herges for someone like....i dunno....benitez? as for SS, i think u could do with the speed that reyes will bring, and dont be down on cintron - the boy can hit too. Overall i think u have a GREAT team for a 12 team league. nicccccce! ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team