Anyone else worried about Herges? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone else worried about Herges?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:55 pm

Ummm, 27.00 ERA for the day is not good. I would consider that shelled.
Opp Res IP W S K ERA WHIP
RP M. Herges (SF - RP) SD W, 4-3 0.2 0 0 0 27.00 4.50
Thats not good. Of course, I cant watch the game so maybe it was just some bad luck, but looking at the stats thats pretty ugly.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bukoski77 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:59 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:agreed. Im holding him until it is certain Nen will be back and pitching. (If Herges doesnt keep the job) He got shelled last night though :-t .

Shelled? Since when is a routine flyball that gets blown to the gap for a double, and then a routine pop-up to center that hits of Grissom's glove for a single considered getting shelled? He just got unlucky last night.

Bottom line Felix Rodriguez has shown in the past he isnt a closer. Herges is the best they have until Nen is healthy. Last night was a fluke. He will get the bulk of the saves until/if Nen is ready.

I admit I'm a little worried he is going to keep giving me negative points in my H-H league though.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:05 pm

I am worried right now with my closers. Percival Han't looked good lately. I have Herges ( not thrilled about last night, but It's just 1 bad outing and I'm not completely worried, but still not a good sign. Borowski- I'm verry worried and if Hawkins takes over than I am completley screwed since someone else own him. And Danys Baez- Since Tampa Sucks he never gets chances to save gmes. He has 1 save this year.
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bedard » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:07 pm

You should be OK with those four. Though Herges has been pretty pathetic. If you want to reduce your risk just deal one or two.
Bedard

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bedard » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:09 pm

You should be OK with those four. Though Herges has been pretty pathetic. If you want to reduce your risk just deal one or two.
Bedard

Postby Bedard » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:09 pm

Bedard

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:49 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Ummm, 27.00 ERA for the day is not good. I would consider that shelled.
Opp Res IP W S K ERA WHIP
RP M. Herges (SF - RP) SD W, 4-3 0.2 0 0 0 27.00 4.50
Thats not good. Of course, I cant watch the game so maybe it was just some bad luck, but looking at the stats thats pretty ugly.

Every reliever has a few of those each year. ERA is a pretty misleading stat for relievers. How many other closers have 5 saves?
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby flowbee » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:54 pm

They should have let him finish the last out. Jason Christianson was the one who gave up the run but it was charged to herges I think
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:55 pm

I'm watching him but I'm quite happy with his production so far. I think Nen is done and Felix can't handle the pressure.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:45 am

From Sportsline today

[/quote]Giants' manager backing Herges

News: The Contra Costa Times says Felipe Alou gave the struggling Matt Herges a vote of confidence. "Herges is the guy," Alou said. "Matty right now is adjusting to that role."

Analysis: Herges has a 5.59 ERA, but there are no apparent signs of him possibly losing the job while Robb Nen is out.

Dont drop him in any leagues. SF has a good offense but they arent blowing teams out. There will be lots of save chances for SF this year.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers